Artist (gender neutral)

Requested by baddys14

You and Kaylee have been together for two amazing years. Out of those two years you were both artists. She had the art to perform, be another character and to tell a story. While you drew. You had the art form where whatever you touch, see, hear inspires you to make art. You and Kaylee were both good artists it's just one knew about the others artistry and the other didn't. You supported Kaylee in every movie or t.v show she has done. As for you she doesn't know. She doesn't know that drawing or painting is your passion and that's partly because you didn't tell her. You are afraid that she will hate or judge it so you've kept to yourself about it until you felt like you were better enough so she could see it.

You were currently in your hidden paint room in your penthouse. When you got the place you didn't know there was a hidden room until a month later. So you decided to make it your paint room. You haven't told Kaylee because it's your sanctuary, your safe space. It's where you go when you need peace of mind or to paint.

There was a knock on the door when you were finishing your painting. Which turned out to be beautiful. Aka the Starry Night.

You hung up your painting in an empty spot on your wall which was hard because all four sides of your walls are almost completely filled with paintings

You hung up your painting in an empty spot on your wall which was hard because all four sides of your walls are almost completely filled with paintings. When you finished hanging the painting you went to the sink and cleaned your hands, put a different shirt on and went downstairs to open the door to reveal Kaylee.

"Hi, what took you so long?" "Oh um I was on a call with my mom, sorry." You said giving a kiss to Kaylee's cheek. "No." "No what?" Kaylee pointed to her lips after you said that which made you playfully roll your eyes and wrap your arms around her to place a soft kiss on her lips.

"Thats better." Kaylee said with a loving smile. "Good, but uhh not that I'm complaining but what are you doing here?" "What? I can't see you?" "No you can but you have a couple days off and I figured you'd want those days off to yourself." "I barley see you so I want to be with you, why do you not want me here?" Kaylee said getting a little sad as the sentence ended.

"Of course I do! I just um, never mind it doesn't matter. But since you are here what do you want to do?" "I want to be wrapped in your arms and watch a bunch of movies in bed for the rest of the day." "Ok I'll get the snacks while you go upstairs and pick movies." She pecked your lips one final time before heading off to your bed for a long day of movie marathons.

It was now 1:30 and you fell asleep. Kaylee was awake because she was still hungry. So she went downstairs to get some chips but to come across a room she's never seen before. You were such in a hurry that you didn't close the hidden door all the way. Kaylee was about to open it more but you scared her by saying, "What are you doing?"

She jumped out of her skin and said, "Jesus Y/n! What are you doing?" "No, I asked you first." "I uhh, I don't know. I was hungry so I got up to get chips when I saw this door. I never saw before so I wanted to see what it was." Kaylee said walking toward the door again which you went in front of her and turned her around and said, "Huh that's really interesting well now that you got your chips let's go back to bed and finish the movie." You keep pushing Kaylee up the stairs to her just "shrug it off" and go back to the movie.

It is the next morning and Kaylee is thinking about the mystery door in the back of her mind. She keeps wondering why you shrugged it off and acted so nonchalant about it. It was a hidden door and you didn't care. Kaylee saw you weren't in bed next to her so she took this opportunity to see what the door/room is about and confront you about it later. But that all went away when she stepped into a room filled with an abundance amount of paintings. She took in all the paintings and seeing how good they were for her eyes to fall on you painting. Not just any painting but a painting of her.

She waited until you put your brush down so she didn't scare you. "Y/n?" You jolted a little thanking that you put your brush down so there was no smudges on the painting. You turned around to see your girlfriend.

"What is all of this?" "This is my safe haven. Where I go where I need peace in mind or to paint." "Why didn't you tell me about all of this?" "Umm, I thought you wouldn't like them so I kept it from you." "Y/n these are amazing!" She said walking closer to you and taking your hands in hers. "These paintings are beautiful and no matter if it was "ugly" or not I would still love them because you did them. Plus no painting could truly be ugly because it's your emotions on a canvas. And your emotions are beautiful not ugly. The point is that every single piece of art in this room is beautiful."

"Even that one?" You said pointing to the one behind you. "Y/n you painted me beautifully. It's amazing, ok?" You nodded your head and said "Thank you love, it means a lot." "Of course you're always there for me in my artistry so I should be there for yours. Just promise me you won't keep your art away from me anymore." "I promise." "Good. Now I think that painting needs to be hung." "I agree." You said picking up the painting to put it in the best place in the house. "Where are you going?" "I'm not hiding my art anymore. I'm putting this where it deserves to be seen."

You hung the painting above the couch where it will be seen by all. Well the people who walk in your house.

"Beautiful." Kaylee said from behind you. You looked back at her and went over to her and picked her up and spun her around in your arms. "Thank you for getting me the courage to put my art somewhere else other than that room." "I mean that room was getting crowded." Kaylee said chuckling. "And I will always believe and encourage you to have your art to be seen because it truly is amazing." You gave a loving kiss to her lips and said, "I love you." "I love you to my artist."