goodnight (female reader)

Kaylee POV

While Y/n showers, I change into my pajamas and make some popcorn before selecting a movie. She walks into the room in a silk nightgown, her damp hair framing her lovely face, just as I'm getting comfortable on the couch.

"Baby, come here." I say this while patting the area next to me and stretching out my arms for her to lean on. As I hold her near to me, she sits down smiling and nervously bites her lower lip. I had no idea how shy she could be until a few years ago, when she finally let down her walls and opened up entirely to me, and I to her, of course. It would be a lie if I said I didn't admire her for that side of her, the sarcastic I'm the mayor in charge attitude that hides her truly compassionate personality.

"What are we watching?"

"Star Wars." I bat my eyelashes in a flirty way. "I know you prefer the Twilight films, but I had to pick something I liked this time." The joke makes her snort and bump her leg into mine playfully.

"Miss Bryant, your taste is similar to that of an adolescent male."

I kiss her on the cheek. "Come on, you love me because of that."

"Be aware that your bad taste merely serves to irritate me. Other qualities of you are much more appealing to me."

"How about my incredible ass?" I tease because I know she scrutinizes me everytime I wear something tight, which is why I do so frequently.

She doesn't say anything, but she pinches my thigh hard, and I yelp and rub the sore spot. "That was wildly unnecessary."

"You'd think Jenny would bring a friend instead of another child for me."

"Let's face it, I'm not that horrible." I whine, and she smiles back, her sweet gaze melting my heart.

"Well, my dear, I never said you were bad." As she rests her head on my shoulder, I bring her even closer to me.

We sit there in quiet silence, watching the movie, until she blinks slowly and yawns. I smile as I notice her tucking her hair behind her ear.

"It's time for bed." I say softly.

She hums incoherently while entirely closing her eyes. Before taking her in my arms and carrying her to our bedroom, I giggle at the unfathomable amount of cuteness I'm witnessing.

I place her on the bed and gently tuck her in with a blanket, appreciating her beauty while brushing a few strands of hair out of her face. I get up and walk to the door, but I hear her shift and her eyelids slowly open.

"Aren't you staying?" Her eyelashes bat adorably as she blinks a few times.

"I'm just gonna turn the TV off and I'm coming, OK?" I smile.

She nods, her face buried in the pillow. I had a silent chuckle. She's been persuading me that I somehow assist her in sleeping better, but I believe it's simple cuddles that calm her.

I return to Y/n in the bedroom after turning off the TV and the lights. She flips over and snuggles close to me while I lay on the bed. I chuckle and kiss her on the forehead. "My spoiled, spoiled baby."

She sneers. "When I tried to get you to bed last night, you were the one who clung to me and wouldn't let go." She sighs and yawns. "Changing into my pajamas took a lot of effort."

"I don't recall that." I answer simply.

"Well, I do." She mutters with her eyes closed. "Who's spoiled now?"

"Shut up and go to sleep."

She chuckles and pecks my neck. "Goodnight."

I beam at her small affection, my stomach erupting with butterflies as she turns around so her back is rested against my chest and I instinctively wrap my arm around her waist.

"Good night, love." I whisper, allowing the sound of her smooth breathing and proximity to lull me to sleep.