✎ can't deny ☞ zouis

Warnings
strong language
homophobia

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"I-I love you." Zayn stuttered nervously.

"Love you too, mate." Louis replied nonchalantly.

"No, erm, I'm in love with you." Zayn stressed.

"Nice one, Z." Louis burst into laughter.

"I'm not bluffing, Louis." Zayn huffed, his heart beating loudly in his chest. He shouldn't have said anything. What was wrong with living one, two, nine more years with his secret buried deep within his soul?

"What the fuck Zayn? That's disgusting mate. You can't just love me. You're like my little brother for fucks sake." Louis spat as he watched Zayn literally crumble to pieces at his retaliation.

"I . . . yeah . . . disgusting." Zayn weakly let out. He hastily turned on his heels, ready to leave the room before he embarrassed himself furthermore.

Why did he have to open his inane mouth?

The worst case scenario he had imagined was Louis telling him that, no, he did not reciprocate his feelings; not call him out for it.

He collapsed onto his bed the minute he locked the door, wasting no time in allowing the remorseful tears to cascade down his cheeks.

Disgusting, mate. Mate. He hated that word from Louis' mouth.

He wished he had kept his mouth shut, but Zayn just wanted out. He wanted to tell Louis his feelings because what if, but it proved to be the absolute opposite of what he had envisaged.

He fucking regretted it.

•  •  •

"And Zayn, are you still in your happy relationship with the lovely Perrie Edwards?" The overly joyous interviewer questioned him, and Zayn had to hold back from rolling his eyes at the word 'happy'.

"Yes, I love her." Zayn answered politely and feigned elatedness. He could feel Louis' intense gaze on him, and it was making him extremely fidgety and uncomfortable. That, and the mere thought of Louis intensified the pain in his heart, which seemed to be excruciatingly worsening day by day.

"And that's a wrap. Give it up for One Direction everyone!"

Zayn lithely maneuvered himself out of the studio and made his way towards one of the cars they arrived in. He just wanted to go to his hotel room and drown in his never-ending moroseness.

Just as he was about to open one of the cars' doors, he was grabbed by his arm, spun around, and slammed onto the car's front.

"I think I like you too." Louis whispered before locking their lips together, succeeding in shocking Zayn to his core.

"W-What? Lou?" Zayn pulled away, not wanting to enjoy something that might be snatched away from him any second.

"I said . . . I love you too Zayn Malik." Louis rectified his earlier statement and effectively stressed on it by pressing kisses to Zayn's agape mouth before each word he said.

"But . . . how?" Zayn was absolutely flabbergasted.

"I'm still trying to figure that out myself baby, but it was more or less of a revelation." Louis muttered -dazed- as he peppered Zayn's sharp jaw with kisses.

"Louis . . ." Zayn groaned once Louis' mouth latched onto his sensitive spot, leaving a bruise in its wake.

"Please Zayn, just let me love you."

And if Zayn stayed up until the next morning watching Louis sleep soundly in his arms, still trying to process what happened, no one needed to know that.

A•N•

570 words.

This was requested by @HeyItzJasmine, hope you liked it!

Please

Vote. Comment. Follow.

Thank you lovelies

-x