Flatline (Zouis)

Louis's POV

I knew being with him from the beginning wasn't one of my smartest moves, but I just couldn't help it; I love him. Zayn is one of the most wanted men in Doncaster because he is it's biggest criminal. I met him when he wasn't that much of a threat to anyone in town, and I couldn't help but fall in love with him, but as of now, he's the worst person around. That's in all of their perspectives, to me he's one of the most kindest people out there: protective, loving, caring, and just the perfect boyfriend. No one knew that I was his boyfriend; he claimed that I'll be safer that way and I agreed because Zayn is not the person that should be argued with. I know that he loves me, but sometimes he can be a tad aggressive. Never physical, but his gaze turns into a cold and icy glower and his voice becomes really loud and spiteful. I've learned not to argue with him.

He's been acting differently lately, I mean although he's always on the run and he doesn't show up until the first streak of sunlight highlights the pale blue sky; he's always made sure to spend some time with me and he made sure that I felt loved. Right now, he's been acting like I don't even exist, he doesn't cuddle with me in the bed when he comes back anymore, if I was lucky enough and I managed to see him in the morning he'd give me a quick peck on my lips and then he's out of the door as fast as a blink of an eye. Maybe he's busy? Maybe he's going through a rough time? Or maybe I just catch him at the wrong times?

I've tried getting him to quit doing this horrible act. I get the same answer every time,

"That's the last time Lou don't worry."

I'm sick and tired of having to stay up in bed all night worried that one night Zayn wouldn't come back to me due to something terrible that might happen when he's in one of his hazardous deathtraps. I want to feel reassured that my boyfriend will come back and sleep safely in my arms. Somehow when he would engulf me in his arms, it would put a sense of comfort in me and make me feel at a certain point of serenity. But now I just miss him so much and my level of anxiety has increased.

Today, for some bizarre reason, Zayn was here for dinner.

"Hi Lou." He greeted me with a rather warm smile.

"Hello Zayn." I simply stated, not really knowing what to say.

"How are you I've missed you Louis, so so much." He confessed his voice sounding strained.

"I-I've missed you too Zayn." I gave him a sad smile as I made my way towards him and jumped into his arms for a much awaited hug. I missed these type of moments so much and this hug made me feel like I haven't touched Zayn in a really long time. Our hug was cut short when he pulled away and blurted out,

"L-Louis I'm sorry but I have to go now." He pulled me in a kiss and immediately collected his keys, phone, and wallet and as he was about to leave I grabbed his arm to prevent him from going out.

"No Zayn. You've been ignoring me these past few days and I really want to know why. You don't talk to me anymore, it's like I don't even exist in your life Zayn!"

"Louis can you please just drop it? And can you let go of my arm, I really need to go," he pleaded.

"Drop it? Are you serious? No Zayn I need to know why are you doing that? Why have you been ignoring me and why the sudden change of attitude?!"I growled with rage.

"Look Louis I'm sorry okay? And I don't really have an excuse to give you, maybe it was some stress?" He said while he tried to free his arm from my tight grip.

"You know what Zayn I don't even care anymore! Go out and endanger yourself and harm all these innocent people then come back and sleep peacefully without a care in the world! Don't think about the people who love you and that are terrified of what you are doing! Go ahead Zayn leave, this time when you come back you might not find me waiting for you in bed!" I roared as I was becoming even more frustrated with him.

"Fine Louis leave! Now let me go!" He snapped, his anger surfacing. Wordlessly, I released his hand and watched him helplessly as he stormed out of the house.

Deciding that I couldn't tolerate my painful raging thoughts, I flopped down on the couch and dozed off to a much needed nap.

Zayn's POV

I was currently involved in one of our biggest crimes yet. My thoughts were all involving Louis though. I didn't want to upset him, I love him way too much to do that, but I just couldn't help it, I had to make sure that we had enough money to last us for as long as we live, and I was one step away from doing that. I was roused from my thoughts when I heard someone scream out my name and when I turned my head towards the source of the voice, I wasn't fast and agile enough to avoid the deadly bullet coming my way, which went straight through my stomach, causing me to collapse into a heap of bones onto the cold hard ground.

I managed to splutter out some words along with a lot of blood, "I'm sorry Lou, I love you." I felt myself losing consciousness and eventually I succumbed to the darkness.

Louis's POV

The phone fell from my hand when the bearer of the most terrible news I've ever heard informed me that Zayn was in critical condition after being shot in his stomach. I don't know how, but somehow I managed to drive safely to the hospital and rush to the front desk without tripping over my own feet in the process and had succeeded in asking in which room laid my lover. I did gain my senses back when I started running to Zayn's room with way too many thoughts flying all around my head making it ache along with my heart and the rest of my body. I just thought that that dreaded moment won't happen anytime soon and that somehow, I'll manage to make Zayn quit taking parts in these troublesome, horrific schemes before it was too late, but that terrible event occurred way too soon for my liking. When I finally reached his room, I immediately barged in. The first thing that I saw was Zayn's sickly figure laying motionlessly on the bed with way too many machines attached to his tanned muscular body. Then I heard it, I heard that awful sound, the long steady beep; his heart flatlined. I don't know what I felt at that moment I just became numb and immune to my surroundings. I didn't even scream out for him not to leave me alone, I didn't yell at the nurses to stop when they covered his face with that damned white cover. I only knew one thing, the moment Zayn's heart has flatlined and he left me alone in this cruel harsh world, I was like a person who was put on life support; the person is able to sleep eat and breathe, but in reality, he's dead on the inside,waiting for it all to be over and for his body to finally rest in peace. The moment Zayn's heart flatlined my own heart met him in the sad tango but my body stayed here and his was taken away from me.

A/N~~~~~~~~~~

I've completed all of the bromances. Which ones were your favorites? Time to start the role again. Please tell me your opinions I would love to know them.

Vote

Comment

Follow

Send prompts if you'd like :)

Thank you lovelies.

Xx