Just Because (Ziall)

Niall's POV

I've always liked to remain away from the limelight in our school. It wasn't because I was anti-social or anything. It's just that I always thought that no one would like to talk to me. Maybe it's because of my insecurities, but it is mostly due to that constant voice that haunted me day and night. It's that voice that whenever it invaded anyone's mind, you'd know that he was a lost cause.

This is me now, I'm the new victim. It overcame my mind in the most terrible stage in my life, high school. It's not like this place is daunting on it's own, no I had to have something else on top of that to make things worse.

You should just shut up and save oxygen for more important people.

Yep, that's it. Hi friend.

You're so fucking retarded.

Well because I'm so 'fucking retarded', I managed to have a crush on the school's biggest asshole, Zayn Malik. It's the most clichéd story ever, but I didn't even care. I didn't care about anything anymore. He didn't even notice me, and I'd like for it to remain this way.

Things at home weren't stable as well. It's not like my father abuses me, neither does my mother; well she can't because she's dead. The problem is that my father is just too ignorant. He's been this way ever since my mother's sudden death. He's become a shell of a person at a time where I need him the most.

Her death affected me the most. I've always been close to my mom, and when she died, I felt like she took my soul with her and left my body to suffer and torture my brain.

Ever since, I've been quiet and friendless. I'm now currently on lunch break, sitting alone in the cafeteria, the usual, and nibbling on French toast.

Why are you eating, you're so fat. Stop.

Okay, I'm not hungry anymore.

I left the unfinished toast and got up to use the restroom. I didn't see him following me. I didn't feel his looming stare on me.

Derek. My worst nightmare.

Oh you deserve what he does to you.

"Horan, I haven't seen you for a while." Shit.

"Umm, hi?"

"Hello." Then bam! My head was smashed into the wall and he was towering over me, sending repeated kicks to my stomach. His focus today was my ribs, and OUCH! Okay, that hurt. I won't be breathing properly for a while.

You're such a pussy.

That shut me up until the beating was over.

"See you later, faggot." These words are my usual now. How sad is that.

I heard an unfamiliar cough, and when I looked up Derek was still there and, oh my god, Zayn Malik was at the door.

"Wow Derek, I never thought anyone could be worse than I am. Looks like I'm wrong."

"What do you mean Zayn?" Derek looked scared, that's a first.

"Why were you hitting him?"

"Why do you care?"

"Answer my question."

"Because I like doing it."

Punch. Kick. Slap.

"Did you like that?"

"No. Fuck you Malik."

"Piss off Derek, and don't touch Niall again, or it will be worse for you, okay?"

Wow, he knows my name. He stood up for me. He's here. No, I'm not innerly squealing. I sound like such a school girl.

"Niall? Hello?" When did he get so close.

"Y-yeah?" Damn my stutter.

Damn you.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Why did you do that?" I couldn't help but voice my thoughts.

He lowered his body down on his knees so he'd be on my level, clasped my chin between his thumb and forefinger, and kissed me.

He. Kissed. Me. On. The. Fucking. Lips.

"Just because." And with that he left.

That wasn't my end with Zayn Malik though.

A/N~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wattpad effortlessly deleted this twice, so I'm sorry if it was terrible.

This was requested by @jaidaaaaaa, I can re-write it if you'd like.

Please

Vote

Comment

Follow

Thank you lovelies

Xx