once upon a time

" don't leave "  beomgyu said . His mom was putting thier belongings in the car . " beomgyu , i told you . We have no other choice " his mom said . Beongyu looked dissapointed . " i will stay with nanny " he said . His mother stopped putting the things in the car and turned to beomgyu " what ? " .

" we can't leave nanny alone here . I will stay with her " beomgyu said . And started taking his things out from the car . His mother glared at the father .

" beomgyu " the father leaned down to look into beomgyu's eyes .

" are you sure " he said . " yes . " beomgyu replied still unloading his things .

Nanny and beomgyu's parent got into a quarrel earlier . They had to leave the place , but nanny was against it . She didn't wanted to leave the home . Thier home .

" you sure you both will be ok " his mother said . Beomgyu's things were out now . " umm " he said and nodded .

The mother was hesitant but the fatehr convinced her . They both got into the car .

" beomie , take care " the mother said . Beomgyu smiled and nodded .

" when will you come " beomgyu said . " soon " the mother replied .

" you promised " he asked .

His mother smiled and nodded the car left .

It has been 7 years since the ' soon' . They never came back . Beomgyu talked with them in the phone . Many times . But they always seemed to be in hurry .

When one day . The call wasn't sent . The number doesn't exist was what the computer said . They tried many times but the same answer . So , they give up . From 'nanny' she became beomgyu's only family .

***

" beomgyu you are so big now " the mother said . Beomgyu was stunned . He felt the ground slip under his feet . 7 years of dissapointment . He had waited 7 years . Now after all this days . He didn't knew if he should go hug them , 'cause he was not a child anymore . He knew how it felt to be forgotten  .

" m - mama " he said slowly . The mother came and gave jim a hug . He hugged her back he was shocked .

The nanny went to the kicthen and came in with some juice . " here " she said and passes one glass to the father . He smiled .

Beomgyu went to the couch and sat near nanny . 

" why are you both here " he said slowly . The mother and father looked at him and smiled . " you aren't happy seeing us here " the father said . Beomgyu shook his head " no " he said
" i mean its not like that . Just . Why ? "  he continued .

" we missed you beomgyu " the father said this time louder .

" after all this years . Now ? You miss me ? " beomgyu said .

" well . Now that we are here . Why not act like a family " the mother said breaking the cold ice .

Act ? . Family ? .

" beomgyu ? Why did you ran --- " soobin rushed inside the house he saw the man and the women . He wasn't sure if he recognized them correctly . They were here . At last .

" oh " soobin said and he turned to leave .

" beomie , your mama is correct . Lets forget about everything " nanny said .

Beomgyu stood up and went back to his room . He didn't knew if he was happy . He sure was shocked though .

He decided to talk with nanny . But she was busy talking with the mother and father . So beomgyu went upstairs again and dialed soobin .

" nooo " he cut the call . I am not ready . What if he ask me about the conversation .

He kept his phone aside and sat there thinking . He picked his phone again . Arin .

Ths phone ringed . Once . Twice .

" hello "

" a - arin "

" oh , beomgyu "

" hmm . I was thinking if we could meet "

Silence . I shouldn't have .

" ok "

Beomgyu went out of his room slowly . And dialed the number again .

***

Yewon and beomgyu were under the bridge . It was silent . Yet comfortable .

" beomgyu " arin said . It felt like ages since they last talked .

" hmm "

" so , why did you call me " she said . Beomgyu hesitated . I should have just stayed at home .

The words "gross " still was fresh in beomgyu's ear . He still remembered arin saying all those stuffs . Telling hin how pathetic he was .

" arin " he said . Arin nodded and signalled him to continue .

" my parents " he said .

" your parents " arin said shocked . It wasn't a topic beomgyu liked to bring up .

" umm . Actually they are home " he said . Arin looked at him her eyes big .

" after all this -- " she stopped .

" after all this years ? " he said and hugged his knees .

" oh . "  arin said .

" but . Why weren't you replying to soobin's messaged " beomgyu said . Arin looked pale .

cd6e93cbb601fefde7d" style="text-align:left;">" but . Why weren't you replying to soobin's messaged " beomgyu said . Arin looked pale .