Chapter Twenty Seven

Chapter twenty seven

Woody

My bloody phone wouldn't stop ringing.

It's not like it was early or anything, in fact it was past midday, but I just wanted to wallow in a mix of self pity and guilt. Maybe if I'd told Awuoi sooner, she wouldn't have flipped out and disappeared into the woods.

Maybe Kyle would've been the one to tell her.

Chrissy was out at the university, so I'd taken the opportunity of lounging around on the sofa, in the dark, the television the only source of light.

Just over three weeks ago, Kyle was murdered and still no one knows who did it...

With a heavy sigh, I leaned over to grab my phone. My other hand grabbing the remote and turning the tv on to mute.

Noticing the caller ID, I closed my eyes briefly to gather my thoughts before answering Will's call.

"Sup?"

"I-I know who killed him."

I immediately sat up at that. Everyone had known he'd been locked away by himself in his flat. More determined than ever since Awuoi was murdered, to find the killer, he'd ignored almost everyone.

I felt something in the pit of my stomach, a light feeling, slowly fusing upwards.

Shit.

"What?... But how? No one could know that."

"Trust me..." His voice was shaky, "trust me on this one."

"Will, just calm down a second."

I could hear his ragged breathing from the other end of the phone, his nervous gulps and the phone quaking.

"They know where I live Woods, t-they sent me a letter."

"Shit!" I hiss.

"They're coming, you need to hurry-"

There was a sound, so quiet I almost missed it. It wasn't loud, it wasn't a sharp, bang, or a door splintering.

It was silent.

The quiet clink of a key in the door, and the slow creak, as it opened inwards.

Will hadn't disconnected the call, so I did.

I sprinted up the stairs, two at a time. I had to hurry. Almost missing the door, I rushed into my room, the wardrobe the only thing that was important.

Scattering the shoes and any other stray clothing, I pulled the box towards me, not thinking twice as tugged the lid off and grabbed the weapon inside.

************

A/N

Shits just got real guys, next chapter and you'll find out who killed Kyle.

Please vote, comment, share etc... :)