Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Layla had stayed at Dan's that night. She'd slept in the spare bedroom down the hallway, as she was too tired and lazy to drive home, and Dan didn't know where she lived.

She wouldn't tell anyone, but she was extremely paranoid, the last thing she wanted, was to be killed in her sleep.

Layla was irritated when her phone rang though.

She glanced over apologetically at Dan who was trying and failing to stop the toaster from turning the 'toast' into charcoal.

Looking at the caller ID, Layla frowned as she accepted the call.

"What?"

"Calm down."

"Well I don't particularly want to talk to you at the moment."

She heard Will grumble something at the other end of the phone.

"You left your note book at mine."

Layla frowned, she remembered taking it as she left Will's house. That was over a week ago, and she'd definitely written more notes in it since then.

"I didn't, it's..." She sifted through her bag whilst balancing her phone on her shoulder. She couldn't find it. "What have you done with my notes?" She glared although Will wouldn't be able to see her anyway.

"Listen-"

"Don't put a knife in the bloody toaster!" She yelled at Dan, taking the phone away from her ear.

He bit his lip but continued to jab the blackened toast.

Layla turned away from him, back to her phone.

"I'm coming over, and you'd better have a good excuse as to why you've got my note book."

***********

Layla had made sure to turn off the switch at the plug socket by the toaster and hoped that now the toaster had no power, Dan wouldn't electrocute himself after she left.

She knocked with her fist as hard as she could on Will's door, secretly hoping it dented.

All of a sudden it opened and Layla fell through the door into Will.

She scowled at him as she flattened down the front of her coat.

Layla almost tripped over a pair of muddy walking boots as she made her way into the flat.

"What happened to your boots?"

It was true they were hardly recognisable, and it hadn't rained for over a week or so, it hadn't rained since Kyle had died.

"I went for a walk." He replied stiffly.

Layla decided to leave it, she didn't want to stay for longer than she needed. The silence dragged out.

"Note book." Will held it out to her, but continued to shift through a stack of papers on a small coffee table by the sofa.

"Thanks." She quickly took it and was about to leave, before Will turned back to her.

"I don't want to be an enemy."

"You're not," she replied cooly, "I just don't like befriending people who may have crushed someone's skull with a crowbar. That goes for everyone, you're just choosing to not be cooperative."

"Just think back on that before you decide to shag Dan then."

Layla gritted her teeth, the last thing she needed was to start anything, but she wanted to slap that stupid smirk off his face.

Just before she slammed the flat door, she heard Will mutter under his breath.

"I wouldn't believe everything people tell you."

**********

A/N

Please vote, comment, share etc...