Hide and Seek

"Run!" Angel Dust nearly fell as he ran into the lobby, the others turning in his direction as he passed by.

"Darling, what's-" Alastor stopped when he saw what was chasing Angel and backed away, quickly melding into the shadows.

"Take cover!" Charlie quickly shouted as she and Vaggie dove behind the front desk. Husk quickly grabbed Nifty and their baby and quickly hid behind the bar. Furfur looked around quickly, trying to find a place to hide, before settling for behind the curtains. Angel hid under the couch in the lobby.

The Hazbins hid, listening as the sound of footsteps entered the empty lobby. Angel's pursuer was drawing closer. You could almost hear the silent gasp everyone took when it had entered the room.

The thing walked slowly, scanning the room for those it sought out. Due to the lack of people in the lobby because of the early hour, it could see everything in the room. The better view gave it an advantage as it neared the wall where a large shadow stood out of place.

"Rawr!" The little creature charged at the shadow with grabbing hands.

"Ahhh!" Alastor appeared and dramatically fell to the floor, where Anya pounced on top of him, "I've been caught! Whatever shall I do?"

"I caught you Daddy!" Anya declared proudly, hugging Alastor around the waist.

"That you did, my dear." Alastor hugged back, smiling gently.

The others started popping out of their spots, laughing lightly at the adorable scene. Alastor stood up, sweeping Anya up into his arms. Angel Dust came over and stood next to his family. Anya giggled and hugged Angel too, bringing him into a group hug.

"That was a good game Anya, but we have to start work soon." Charlie said as she helped Vaggie off of the floor.

"Okay!" Alastor cradled Anya to his chest as he went and sat at the front desk.

It's strange how much joy one child brought to a hotel full of sinners.