Dad Time

"You need a what?" Husk asked, confused.

"Anya wants a flower, I'm going to get her a flower." Alastor spoke as if his friend had just asked him if babies fly.

"Al, there aren't any flowers down here, at least, not that I've seen." Angel Dust let his hand rest on his hips. He admired that Alastor wanted to make their daughter happy, but the deer had to accept that he couldn't do everything she wanted.

"I have my ways." Was all Alastor said in reply.

"Alastor," Furfur started, "How do you plan to get a flower?"

"Simple! I can make a deal with Stolas so he'll help me get one from the human realm, or I can search around here and hope I find one!" Alastor seemed so enthusiastic about this, it made Furfur's heart ache. His son wanted so badly to be a good dad...he couldn't stand the idea of talking Alastor out of this.

"Al..." Charlie scratched her head nervously, "I've lived my whole life down here, and I've never seen a flower growing."

"To Stolas then!" Alastor exclaimed, twirling his cane.

"Are you sure about this, hun?" Angel gently grabbed Alastor's shoulders, making sure the deer looked him in the eye.

"Of course!"

"You realize that if you can't get Stolas to help you get one..."

"He'll help me!" Alastor sounded so hopeful about the bird helping him.

"Why must I be so gay for this man?" Angel asked himself.

"Well, if you're sure." The spider smiled encouragingly and let his lover go. He kept the smile on in hopes Alastor couldn't see past it.

"I'll be back soon!" Alastor disappeared in a snap of radio static.

"So what's gonna happen if he can't get Stolas to help him?" Vaggie asked to no one in particular. 

"Let's hope he does."