Alastor Tries

"What we're you thinking!?" Alastor paced in front of the two kids in front of him, both sitting with guilty expressions on their faces.

"Daddy..." Anya squirmed. It was very rare that she was scolded.

"Anya, you could've been hurt! Why if I hadn't been there in time!?"

"How did you get there in time?" Rider asked as he tilted his head. The question caught Alastor off guard, since he hadn't been expecting this would turn into him being questioned.

"My shadow...nevermind that! You two shouldn't have been-" Alastor was cut off when Anya's shadow took a mind of its own and popped in front of his face, angry and yelling silently.

"Huh-!?" Anya was alarmed, she hadn't thought her shadow was done being alive.

"What in the blue blazes!?" Alastor hadn't been expecting his daughter's shadow to jump out at him, but it didn't take long for him to put two and two together and look at his daughter, "You read the spell I used to being my shadow alive!" He didn't seem angry about this, just incredibly shocked and even...impressed.

"I did?"

"Yes!"

"So that's why that weird book did!" Rider exclaimed as he thought about the events that has happened.

"Anya," Alastor's own shadow managed to get Anya's to settle, and pulled it to the side to converse in a series if hand gestures and mouthed words as Alastor approached Anya and knelt before her, "I'm...I'm not mad, you just worried me terribly."

"I'm sorry, Daddy..."

"Please never mess with my things without asking. I don't want you to get hurt."

"I won't, I promise." Anya smiled when she was given a hug.

Alastor turned to Rider and looked him straight in the eye, "The same goes for you, young man. You're lucky if I don't tell Charlie and Vaggie about this."

"Sorry sir..." Rider blushed in embarrassment and hung his head.

"Good...this mess is behind us then." Alastor looked down at Anya, questions in his eyes, "Now as for this shadow of yours." As it was talked about, Anya's shadow made a face at the back of Alastor's head, which his shadow quickly scolded it for.

"Is it bad to have?" Anya asked guiltily.

"No, but the fact that you managed to conjure it makes me wonder what else you're capable of, my dear." Alastor tapped his chin, contemplating, "I'll have to discuss it with your father, but I think that teaching you how to use this affinity for voodoo is safer than risking you finding another spell and accidentally conjuring something else."

"Voodoo?" Anya was puzzled.

"I know what that is!" Rider jumped up and down in his seat, "It's a type of magic!"

"Yes." Alastor confirmed with a nod.

"You're going to teach me to do magic!?" Anya squealed in delight.

"I have to talk to your father, but yes I think I might."

"You're gonna be a wizard, Anya!" Rider hopped out of his chair and crawled up into hers, "You could make candy appear!"

"Or toys!"

As the children rambles, Alastor couldn't bring himself to tell them that wasn't how voodoo worked. They looked to excited to tell them different, so he let them day dream. He chuckled and stood up with a stretch, never would he have expected Anya would be able to read his book of spells.