Tea and Conversation

"So...Striker is gone?" Stolas asked, not touching the tea in front of him.

"You'll never have to worry about him again." Alastor chuckled and sipped his own tea, keeping his eyes on the owl.

"You were very insistent on us meeting over the phone..."

"Well now that my end of the deal is done, it's your turn to make good on our deal."

"I am aware."

"The person I asked about, any leads on her?"

"Not yet...there are many souls here, Alastor. It'll take time, and she may not even be-"

"She's here." Alastor insisted, "I know she is."

"Alright..." Stolas relented, "I'll keep looking."

"Good man!" Alastor's cane played the sound of an applauding audience as he chuckled, "Now about this flower."

"Is there a certain kind you want?"

"I was actually thinking," Alastor's voice dripped with the power of a man with the upper hand, "Why not let me borrow that book for a day or two, or perhaps an asmodeus crystal, and I'll get it myself~"

"I can't just-"

"Now, now, Stolas," Alastor held up a finger to silence the bird, "It's not as if you haven't blended the rules before."

Stolas went silent, feeling incredibly called out. He was more powerful than Alastor, that was a given, but Alastor was the deal maker, and deal makers held a power all their own. Stolas cursed himself for getting into this mess, but he also knew Alastor had gotten rid of a big problem that could've killed him. He didn't know if he would have found Striker without Alastor's connections.

"I'll give you a crystal...you can use it for forty eight hours, but then I need it back."

"Splendid!" Alastor's cane faintly played the sounds of a cheering crowd, "Now as for human disguises so no one upstairs takes notice~"

"I'll give you the spell."

"Good man, Stolas. Seems you've taken who's in charge here to heart." Alastor's cane laughed, a mocking and cold tone as the Radio Demon just smiled at the Prince of Hell. He couldn't help but feel cocky now that he had a prince in his debt.

"When do you want them?" Stolas has a death grip on the edge of the table. Though he may not have looked it, he'd inherited a strong sense of pride from his father that had been more and more active since he'd separated with Stella. Right now it took all he had not to let that pride snap this mortal soul in front of him like a tooth pick.

"How does Friday evening sound? I'll use them for the weekend and give them back." Alastor now spoke as if the two were making plans for him to simply borrow Stolas's car.

"That's fine."

"Splendid! Splendid indeed!" Alastor drank the last of his tea, and stood up, taking up his cane as he walked to the door, "I'll see you Friday~"

"Yes..." Stolas stares down at his cold, untouched tea, "I suppose you will, Alastor."