Two Kids In A Garden

"Come on, Rider!" Anya yelled behind her as she ran through the back door. They'd been given permission to see the gorgeous garden behind the house as long as they stayed in the garden walls, and didn't go further on their own.

"Hold on!" Rider was practically tripping over his own feet, "It's weird running with no tail!" Prince Henry let out a croak from on top of Rider's head, protesting against the bumpy ride.

Anya ran into the garden first, and found that her breath was taken away by the sight. The garden was incredibly large, fitting a even a small maze of rose bushes inside of the large hedge wall that cut the garden off from the rest of the world. Every flower imaginable had to have been in this garden, from roses, to lilies, even daisies, and so much more. That wasn't all, an cherry blossom tree was growing in the center, surrounded by wooden archways painted white, and covered in thin vines that budded with purple flowers. A fish pond was beside it, filled with pretty goldfish, and decorated with lily pads. When Rider had joined her, he also found himself taken aback by the beauty and colors all around them.

"It's...it's better than I could've imagined." Anya said with an airy sigh.

"Have you ever seen so many colors?"

"Never..."

"...race you to the tree!" Anya suddenly exclaimed, running straight towards the cherry blossom tree ahead of them.

"Hey! No fair!" Rider said with a laugh and ran after her.

The two sprinted across the garden, filling the air with the laughter of happy children. Prince Henry decided that he was done with the ride and hopped down, taking a nice rest on a lily pad in the fish pond. Rider and Anya kicked up fallen flower petals as they ran on, soon running through the petals of cherry blossoms that had fallen to the ground. Anya tripped up slightly, giving Rider the advantage to catch up, and run past her, hands touching the trunk of the tree.

"I win!" Rider giggled before sitting down.

"Oh, I'll beat you next time." Anya huffed and sat beside him, resting her head on his shoulder.

"It's really nice here." Rider looked up, "The sky is so...blue."

"Weird, but really pretty." Anya stated, turning he head up to look at the sky with him, "And those clouds look like cotton balls."

"They really do."

"That one looks like Prince Henry!" Anya pointed up at a cloud floating overhead.

"It does!" Rider chuckled, and pointed at another, "That looks like Fat Nuggets!"

Anya giggled, "I like the human world."

"Me too. It's so colorful."

"Maybe tomorrow we can go see outside the house."

"I hope so." Rider sighed and rested his head on Anya's, "I wanna see more of it before we have to go."

"Well, we have two days, so I'm sure we'll get to see some of it." Anya said, letting out a yawn, "Maybe we could...go and..." Anya didn't get to finish her sentence, dozing against Rider's shoulder.

Rider smiled a bit and let his eyes close, "Sleep well, Anya." That was all he said before he to fell asleep as well, joining Anya in peaceful dreaming under the cherry blossoms.