1: looking for a roomate

———————————————————————————

LOOKING FOR ROOMATEfifth bedroom to fill 3 bathroomscommon kitchenhalf finished basement room for 1 more car in driveway$850/month includes utilities and parking drinking and drugs encouraged! come live with us we are fun and have lots of friends2...

LOOKING FOR ROOMATE
fifth bedroom to fill
3 bathrooms
common kitchen
half finished basement
room for 1 more car in driveway
$850/month includes utilities and parking
drinking and drugs encouraged!
come live with us we are fun and have lots of friends
213-139-7372 (gus)
213-537-9447 (tracy)
213-334-8383(cody)
213-083-0056 (ben)

——————————————————————————

i just came out of the bathroom at the small cafe i was at, an ad for a roommate pinned to the bulletin boardcaught my eye. i had just moved to los angeles and i was growing desperate to find a place to live after motel hopping for a week. did this place seem perfect or ideal? no. was it somewhere to live? yes. at least they seemed like they had a sense of humour.

i moved to la with nothing but what was in my savings account, a suitcase and a duffle bag and a cosmetology diploma. i had the credentials for a beauty job, so hopefully i could fine one sooner rather than later. i was quickly learning that the couple grand in savings wouldn't last long in this city.

i'd inquired about a few apartments and rooms and whatnot, but they had either been taken before i reached out or they were a dead end with no response, it was getting quite frustrating. i figured this one was worth a shot, even if it meant living with four guys short term. i wasn't even looking for a man, i literally just needed somewhere to live.

i took a picture of the ad, it wasn't too far from here or from my current hotel room. i guess that's why they put it up here. i walked back to the motel i had been staying at, i didn't have a car and i couldn't  afford one right now. i'd moved here to try and find a new life, try something new, find myself. cheesy, i know.

i decided to text the first number listed off the ad, it was worth a shot. it'd probably end up being a dead end like the rest of them anyways. i had nothing to lose.
-
aspen
hi gus,i'm aspen! i saw your ad for a roommate and i wanted to inquire! i just moved to the city and need a place to live, i'd be highly interested if the room hasn't filled already :) i also don't have a car so i would leave the parking space available.

-
i sent the text and put my phone down for the night, checking occasionally for a reply. i walked into the bathroom, with a thin and scratchy hotel towel to take a shower. the water pressure sucked and the water only got barely warm enough. i used as little time as possible to rinse the day off my body.

i towel dried my hair, those hairdryers they put in the bathrooms wouldn't do a much better job anyways. i desperately wanted somewhere proper to live, i was getting really sick of this. i still had yet to meet any friends here, i only had a few friends back home. maybe a house full of people would be good to help me branch out.
-
los angeles, california

liked by 334 people aspendelgad0 lonely in the city 4 comments-

liked by 334 people
aspendelgad0 lonely in the city
4 comments
-

i climbed into bed. the bed was cold and the room was cold. the mattress was hard and the springs poked into my spine, moving to la was nothing like social media made it seem. i'm not exactly sure what i expected though, it wasn't like i was a celebrity of anything sort.

i checked my messages app on and off waiting for a response from gus, whoever he was. it had gotten pretty late so i hoped he'd be getting back to me tomorrow. i turned on the tv and flicked through the limited cable channels, i settled on a re run of that 70's show. it wasn't my favourite, i just needed some background noise to fall asleep to.

i decided to text the number again, just incase the message got lost in his phone.

aspen
let me know as soon as possible! trying to figure stuff out!

i was trying to be friendly, but if you have an ad up you'd think people would you know, respond. oh well, i'm sure he'd get back to me over night or at some point tomorrow.

i decided against texting the other 3 numbers, surely they'd all communicate anyways. plus, i didn't want to make it too confusing for myself or anyone else.

i fell into a restless sleep while scrolling through instagram, tv playing in the background. my mind was busy but the travel had exhausted me enough to finally be able to sleep through the night.

a/n
sorry short chapter but they will get longer this just the first one

what do u think so far?

if ur not new here, do u guys want chapter questions back for this one? or nah

if u are new here, hi! say it back