3

Almost a week later

I was feeding Brielle when my phone rang. I answered and put it on speaker.

"Hey Nat. What's going on?" I asked.

"I was wondering if you were doing anything."

"Just feeding Brielle. Why?" I asked, taking the bottle out of her mouth.

"How do you feel about taking her to my hotel? My friends would love to see her." She said, excitedly.

"I don't know. Isn't it too early to take her out?"

"No. I was taking Maddie out after a few weeks. Please Aaron. It's my hotel. What's gonna happen?" She asked.

I sighed. "Okay, fine. I'll come. I'll be there in 20." I said.

••••

Thankfully Brielle wasn't being a pain as I put her in the car seat, took her out of the car seat and into the stroller which was old. I genuinely thought it would break.

I walked into the hotel and a few co-workers of Natalie's greeted me and asked about Brielle. It was becoming annoying having to repeat the same story over and over again.

Natalie ran over to me. "Hello my lovely brother and his lovely baby." She said crouching down to Brielle.

"What happened, did you get some from Mark or something?" I asked. She looked up at me and winked. "I shouldn't have asked." I said.

"Can I take her to my friends?" She asked.

"Which ones?" I asked, knowing her friends weren't the greatest of people.

"The good ones. Lana, Steph, Gloria." She said, pulling her puppy dog eyes.

I sighed. "Fine."

She jumped up and down and gently pulled Brielle out of the stroller.

She walked off. "Be careful." I yelled.

"I have a child of my own Aaron. I know what I'm doing." She yelled back and smiled.

As I went to sit down, someone ran into my back, and I stumbled forward.

"Oh, my god. I am so sorry. Is your baby okay?" They asked.

I turned around and saw a short petite woman standing in front of me, flushed.

"Oh, my sister has her. It's empty." I said, pointing to the empty stroller.

She put a hand on her chest. "Thank god. I'm Anya." She said, holding out her hand.

I shook it. "Aaron. Do you work here? I haven't seen you around." I asked.

She nodded. "I was hired a few weeks ago. My boss threatened to fire me if I was late again. I'm cutting it close, I have," she looked at her watch, "less then 2 minutes to clock in."

"The boss is my sister. If you're late, leave it to me to make sure you're not fired." I said.

It looked like a weight was lifted from her shoulders and she physically relaxed. "Really? You're a lifesaver." She said.

"Anya! Did you clock in yet?" Natalie yelled, walking back with Brielle in her arms.

"No, but I'm here and I'm somewhat early." She said walking toward Natalie.

Natalie sighed. "This is the third time." She said.

"I still have a minute to clock in. I'm not late yet." Anya fought back.