12

there's an implied sex scene later on sO: THIS IS TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE SAYING THEYRE ROBBED AFTER I ENDED THE S*X SCENE AND FOR THE PEOPLE WHO LIKE HEAVY S*X SCENES: I DO NOT AND WILL NOT WRITE IT EXPLICITLY IM SO SO SORRY, IF YOU WERE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DIRTY THIS IS NOT THE STORY FOR YOU 😭

•••••

Anya and I still were trying to figure out a day for our date. It seemed like our schedules just weren't lining up, even on the weekends.

"Aaron!" Carlo yelled.

I zoned back in and looked at him in the passenger seat of my car. "Yea?"

"You good bro? You've been lost in space for a few days. Is this about that Anya chic?" Carlo asked.

I sighed. "Maybe." I said sheepishly.

Carlo rolled his eyes. "You're not 16 dude."

"Yea, but Carlo, she's different. I really like her. I can see a future with her, y'know? When I see her, I get butterflies and when I'm with her, I just feel calm. Like I can just do anything and know she'll be there. Maybe it's premature thinking since we can't even seem to get a date set up, but that's just how I see it." I said shrugging, pulling up in front of my house.

Before Carlo could say anything, I saw Anya sitting on my front steps her head in her arms.

I got out of my car and walked up my front path, and I was right in front of her now.

"Anya?"

"Aaron," she started, standing up, "I couldn't wait any longer to go on a date, honestly," she said, laughing like she couldn't believe what she was doing, "so I'm here. Ready to go on a date. Even if we stay in and drink from a bottle of wine."

I grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her lips to mine. She kissed me back and wrapped her arms around my neck. I pulled away and winced. "We have a third wheel. I brought my friend Carlo over, since we haven't hung out in a while. God, I feel like we can't win with this dating thing."

"Meh, maybe going on dates just isn't our thing." She said, pulling me back in for a kiss.

"Oi, get a room you two." Carlo yelled from my car.

With my free hand, I flipped him off and pulled away from Anya.

"How would you feel if I did that to you?" I asked as he walked towards Anya and I.

"Touché." He said. "I'm Carlo, by the way." He said to Anya and waved.

She waved back as well. "Anya."

"I know. Aaron doesn't shut up about you." He said, winked and walked into my house.

My face got hot. "I'm not denying nor admitting to anything." I said and walked up my steps. "You can come in." I told Anya, and she followed me in the house.

••••

By 10:30 pm, Carlo had just left and Anya sat on my couch, with Brielle sleeping in her room.

I sat down next to Anya. "Y'know, I think I forgot to tell you, but when I met with Brielle's mother, she said she wanted me to adopt her legally." I said, looking at her.

"Oh, my god Aaron, that's amazing!" She said and hugged me.

"I know. Everything is official on Sunday." I said as Anya pulled back.

She smiled and kissed me.

I grabbed her waist and kissed her back. She wrapped her legs around my waist so that she was straddling me and sitting on my lap. She put both of her hands on the side of my neck and she deepened the kiss.