Chapter Six

Bubbles: yooooo, where you at cherryboi?
CrimsonHoe: i'm on babysitting duty
Bubbles: ?????

Splendont contemplated for a minute before sending Foxy a picture of Lifty raking leaves. The ginger hero was harassing him more and more since she's been in the states, and at this point he needed to tell her to bug off already. He wasn't interested in the slightest and she was supposed to be a one time thing. The problem was that she was Splendid's friends and now they kind of worked together. He sighed at this, watching Lifty finish up the last task of his community service requirements. He wanted to give the young man more to do, but he knew Lifty was counting down these seconds to get away from him and return to his scummy brother, who had avoided Splendid to avoid his long list of community service hours. He hummed, trying to think of a way to get Lifty to stick around a little longer. There was this weird pull he felt whenever he looked at Lifty, and he concluded that he needed Lifty for something. The thief was just too dependent on his brother and was entirely too eager to return to him so Splendont could figure out what he needed from him.

I mean... I know why he is. I just wish he'd be a little more independent.

Splendont sighed when Lifty put the last bag into the garbage shoot and did a little cheer to himself for finishing. He walked over to Splendont, a smile on his face as he pulled out his form to have Splendont sign off and legally pardon him from the bank robbery attempt. He frowned at that and took a pen out from his pocket and signed the papers, frustrated at the fact Lifty was so happy to get away. The second he signed the paper, Lifty turned and got ready to run home, where he'd find his brother hiding out. Only, he was stopped by Splendont, who grabbed his arm.

Lifty yelped at that and turned to look at Splendont, who frowned at him, "Uh... y-yes?"

Splendont opened his mouth to say something, but wasn't sure what to say. He wanted Lifty to stay with him longer, and that want was irritating him. He should stop obsessing over the little raccoon. He should let him go now and part ways until they inevitably reunited when he was caught causing trouble again. Even so, he blurted out, "Give me your number."

Lifty blinked at that, confused, "Num... number?"

Splendont fought the blush threatening to form on his face, "Your phone number. I enjoyed having you around, let's hang out when you're not causing trouble with your brother."

He tried his best not to break Lifty's wrist, considering he wasn't sure if Lifty would refuse his request and he'd get angry at the rejection. When Splendont wanted something, he got it. All things considering, he was working on it. However, he was still mindful that Lifty was a skinny boy, like, hardly any muscle compared to Splendont. Unfortunately, his growing need to be closer to Lifty was rising and it threatened to spill over if Lifty rejected him. He was still working out why he wanted this.

"W-why?"

"Huh? What do you mean 'why'?"

Lifty's face turned red and he looked away sheepishly, "I-I-I'm no fun to-to be around. Um, people say-say I-I'm pretty an-annoying."

Splendont felt his tail twitch at that, irritation at that statement, "Well, whoever said that is an idiot. I think you're fun. So hang out with me."

Shit. Am I coming off too strong?

Lifty shifted in place, staring at the hand on his wrist, "O-oh... um... o-okay, i-if you say s-so..."