Chapter Fifteen

Foxy was being annoying. The woman came over every single day since she'd been in town and Splendid was forcing him to interact with her without knowing their involvement with each other. And despite what Splendont told her the last time they had sex, she was still trying to get him to get with her. Splendid was hopelessly unaware, but Flippy, or rather, Fliqpy could see what was going on.

"She really likes you, huh?" Today, Fliqpy was in control, much to Splendont's displeasure.

He sighed as he drank what was left of the raspberry-lemonade Splendid made, watching as his brother and his fling sparred, "... yes..."

"But she's not the one you've been after, it seems?" Fliqpy asked, grabbing the jug of the beverage and pouring Splendont another cup.

"Absolutely not. We screwed like twice and now she's been all up on my dick since then." Splendont replied bitterly.

Today was his date with Lifty. He knew Lifty would be alone today because he had stalked Shifty and found out he was going out around the time he was picking up Lifty for some trip with that woman named Prim. He didn't care about the details, so long as Shifty wouldn't be around. Today was the day he was making his move. He would stop the painful need of Lifty. The aches in his chest and the desire to protect him. He wanted it to stop because it felt like he was losing sleep over it.

"Haha, that's what you get. Never sleep with coworkers. That's a rule." Fliqpy mocked, picking up sandwich bite to eat.

"Didn't you screw a woman in the army who was on your platoon?" Splendont shot at him, irritation in his voice.

"We never got that far. Too busy not dying." Fliqpy shrugged, leaning against the porch, there was a dark look in his eyes. "She needs to leave soon, before I shove a pole through her v—"

"Hey, stop that. No violent thoughts." Splendont snapped, slapping him with a napkin. "You know Splendid is all for you."

Fliqpy hissed at him, "I don't like the way she's looking at him. If she tries anything I will kill her."

"And risk Splendid hating you for killing his friend?" Fliqpy glared at him, before deflating, a pained look in his eyes that startled Splendont. "Look, trust him. And her. Splendid's not her type anyways."

"How can we be sure?"

Splendont frowned, "Just talk to him. If you let your jealousy overpower you two, you can believe that you'll do something you regret. Or at least regret doing when Splendid lays into you."

"... what if he brushes me off?" Splendont glanced at him, and found himself pitying the pained look on Fliqpy's face, especially when Foxy and Splendid started laughing.

"He won't. I think after all you two went through, he's not so fickle in his feelings."

"... okay..." Fliqpy groaned, sitting back up and stretching. "Feelings suck."

At that, Splendont actually chuckled and leaned back, "Agreed..."

"So!" He flinched when Fliqpy leaned against him, a sharp smile on his face. "Tell me who it is you've been pining after?"

"I'm not telling you." Splendont hissed, pushing Fliqpy back who laughed at him.

"Oh, come on! I know you're planning something. You've been in a good mood all week. At least when Foxy isn't around. Whatcha doing then? Huh?" Fliqpy pressured, poking Splendont.