Chapter Nine

"A kiss."

"... wh-what?"

OHHHH MY GOD.

Inwardly, Splendont screamed at himself. He was really pushing his luck. But his self control was on a very thin line, and just now in the shop where Cuddles dared to get comfortable on Lifty, his temper was barely being controlled. Cuddles was no doubt a handsome guy, he literally attracted guys and girls a like. Lifty, bless his heart, was a wonderful, bottom baby. He was vulnerable without Shifty around to protect him. Splendont knew that and that's why he was so persistent when he was alone, but he hated it when Cuddles got friendly with him, too.

Mine. He's going to be mine. Stupid, blond brat.

However, his nerves got the best of him and he ended up blurting out the wrong thing. What he wanted was for Lifty to promise to contact him. Instead, he asked for a kiss. They were barely friends at this point. So, this demand was definitely out of line. However, it was too late, he already said it. Now, he just stared at Lifty, a confident smile on his face while he was dying inside for being so weird.

Lifty chewed on his lip and looked away from him, clearly unsure of what to say, "U-uhm... wh-where?"

"Hm? What do you mean?"

"K-k-kiss... wh-where?"

Splendont felt his heart skip a beat at that and tried his steady himself before he spoke, "Anywhere is fine."

He watched as Lifty's hands clenched around the figure of himself and he could feel intense satisfaction, "U-um... y-your ch-cheek?"

Splendont's smile grew and he turned his head, pointing his cheek, "Cheek it is then."

His heart was beating so fast at this point as he closed his eyes and waited for the kiss. He could feel Lifty hesitate, before he could feel breath on his skin. Then, he felt lips on his cheek, timid and light. He felt a while spark go throughout his body as his eyes shot open, surprised that Lifty went through it. Immediately, he jerked his body away from Lifty and stood up, adrenaline running through his body.

"S-S-Splendont?"

"It's about time we got you home, right?"

—————

Tonight wasn't a bust like I thought it would be.

Splendont was flying him back home, slowly and not too high in the sky. He was holding all of his new stuff on his lap, considering how he was being carried. He kept his eyes focused on his new figurine, his mind and lips tingling. He was surprised when Splendont asked for a kiss, but it's not like he was unwilling. The only person he's ever kissed was his brother and mother. The act itself had him embarrassed though, since he kissed another man. He glanced up at Splendont, who had a big smile on his face.

It seems like he really enjoyed it...

He looked away and touched his lips a bit, his face heating up. He wasn't sure if this was a thing friends did, but it was nice for sure. He glanced out to see the railroad tracks and frowned. The other side of town wasn't as nice as where the others all lived. It was well known that the poor and scum of the earth lived in the that section of the town. He was sure that Splendont knew this, but it looked like he was blissfully unaware.