mortal

-Alex POV, alternate universe-

Where am I? Am I still a being? Why am I inside a fucking forest. I can't see my body... I don't remember how could I be here right now? I should've been killed Tristan's parents by now... But where am I? I am all alone. I forgot everything....

I take a look around my surroundings... it feels so surreal.. I never been to this forest before. I live in a big city, not in a suburbs nowhere near a damn forest. It feels like right now it's just my mind who takes me to walk around.

I look around myself. I am not a body anymore. Am I a soul? Have I died? I can't feel anything.... I can't touch anything.... Am I just an illusion of death?

I tried to make sense on whatever happening... I was receiving the chemical, that was the last memory I could recall. All these woods....

I wanna cry even though I could not shed any tears.

Oh no... It is Tristan.... behind the wood? Is this the world after death? No one knows ... But Tristan had died? And me? Does it mean I have too?

Well, I will assume that I had. Well we both have died and means that probably we are already in a better place (assuming that afterlife even exist). I never believe in such, so... But, I'll just try to approach him... After all, we have died.. We have nothing to lose anymore..

Wait, I don't feel like I'm talking, it feels like I'm only talking in my mind...

"Tristan... this is... Alex..."

He was standing in front of me before finally he turn around only to give me a face of disappointment.

"Where am I?"

"Alex... you need to... stop....you can't never fight the pathogen... It has been a curse... The whole school would've been infected, nevertheless... It's my curse... You can't change that, Alex...." Tristan says, in a calm voice. It seems like Tristan doesn't have any kind of emotions after all.

"What- you say... it was Daria's fault?!"

"Yes... it was his fault... I NEVER DID ANYTHING WRONG! he always the one who did... but... Mrs Frida always blame that I'm the trouble maker one... I really hope Mrs. Frida would suffer the way I do throughout my whole fucking life. It was all pain and suffering..."

I can't comprehend this... So was this has something to do with Mrs. Frida being replaced by Miss Sherly? Mrs. Frida gone just after the tragedy. She was gone the morning before... That was the last time she was seen by the fucking world... Is she still alive? She never came back, nowhere to be seen.

"Alex... I'm sorry... But this is a part of my revenge... This is afterlife, after all. Yes, Alex ... they do exist.. But I still hadn't find my peace yet, even after all these time..."

Tristan adds, "Sooner or later, the whole school would've died by the pathogen..  You should not mind this business anymore... Neither you nor your friends nor anyone... could find the cure... After that, once Mrs. Frida died, I will finally find my inner peace..."

Right... So Mrs. Frida is still alive.

"YOU ALWAYS MADE ME MAD!!!" a voice of an old woman screaming come into my mind. It was so painful.

"but I'm proud of you," I don't understand who said this, it seems like many sentences have been keep repeating in my head, I feel like it was such a deja vu... like I've ever heard those words before.

"You have accessed Daria's memory, he lives in you..."  Tristan adds as he walks away, as if nothing in the previous universe had happened. "That's why you are here... There is a part of Daria in you, and you are becoming a part of Daria himself..."

It was so eerie. I don't understand what he means by I am becoming Daria himself, but surely those words .. giving me those chills.

"Why did you kill me?"

"You've known too much for me to keep you alive. Your body is still there, it wouldn't deteriorate... I let your body become alive again, after all... Simply because you have accessed Daria's memory, his memory implanted to you... that's why your soul really sucked into here too, the after life... You shouldn't have accessed his memory."

"What about Daria himself?"

"Daria soul is still in the science club room... he is not going here because the memory is apart from his soul..  The soul's memory is the key to this alternate universe. You have a part of Daria...the memories..." Tristan says.

"Right now you are still seeing the world from Alex's perspective.  'Alex' is still alive. He is still alive... He is a living body, without a soul..."

"WHAT?!"

This is confusing....

-Third Person POV, back to the previous universe, the dimensions they call so on as, reality-

"Alright, I've understood how this drone works ... now what we have to do is just to wait for night to finally come and go..." Sisil says.

"Wait, someone is knocking the door!" Katrina informs.

They all then becoming quiet, hearing the door knocking even louder. Arvia says, "Should we open it?"

They all rushed to the front door, opening the door, only to find out .. it is ALEX.

"ALEX?!?" they all screamed, frightened. There are some stitches on his head and neck. It's like his dead body is being put on together and becoming this 'Alex' they see.