day one

[July 2018]
16th July 2018, first day of school. Arvia, a new student from the other city, walked her way to the gate of her new school. "Bakti Mulia High School". This is the place where she will spend the next 3 years of study. The majestic building architecture is giving her a confidence in every step she takes. Walking through the long corridor, she stopped her step in front of the announcement board, looking for her name and class she will be in.

"Arvia Christabel, 10 Science 6".

I found it, she thought.

The bell rang, she and the other students went to the classroom. When she arrives at the class, she takes a sit beside a girl with a long black hair. She is drawing in the last page of her new notebook when she arrives.

"Arvia," she says. "I'm new here!"

"Hi, I'm Katrina, and nice to meet you!"

Mr. Nikola Ferguso, the homeroom teacher, enters the class when they hadn't talked more than the self introduction.

"Good morning everyone! How was your day? Today is your first day in senior high school so I really demand your maturity because you are not in elementary or junior high anymore!"

"Ok Sir."

"Actually, today will be held a student orientation... But it couldn't be able to take place since we have to attend Daria and Tristan funeral after school..."

"Maybe you folks who come from this junior high have heard about the tragedy which happened last June, right?"

Some of students nod their head.

"Alright, I wanna tell a little story for those who are new here. Your senior, Sisil, was looking for Mrs Frida, her chemistry teacher for a test remedial. She wasn't in the teacher's room so Sisil decided to find her in the chemistry laboratory. As soon as she arrived there, she was frightened by seeing Daria and Tristan bodies laying on the floor with a pool of blood. There was a knife in Daria's  chest and Tristan having a third degree burn. It was speculated that it was caused by sulphuric acid, a kind of strong acid."

Arvia and the new students were frightened. The classroom becoming very noisy with the students started to talk with each other.

"Right, let me finish first. We could see that probably it was murder. We have speculated Stevan was the murderer since he was their rival. But, Stevan was in the hospital back then before finally he died in the ICU. After the police do a further investigation, there weren't enough proof to accuse someone as guilty. The case was closed as a suicide. But, it doesn't even look like a suicide at all...."

"I don't know though but Tristan parents ask the cops to just stop with the investigation. Maybe they thought there was no use in that, I mean.. their child still died anyways...." Mr Nikola says.

Arvia and Katrina look into each other, confused. After long story about the tragedy, the bell rang. Class is over. The students may go home.

A girl sits in front of Arvia looks behind and says, "Hi, I was in the same school with Katrina. I'm Renka!"

"This sounds weird, don't they have a fucking CCTV?" Katrina asks.

"Of course NO! How could you don't know that this school is famous for its high tuition fee and bad facility? They only installed the CCTV way after this tragedy." The girl besides Renka suddenly jumps into the conversation.

"Ah, my name is Melisa. I'm a student here since... Kindergarten?! LOL"

"Are there any witnesses besides Sisil?" asks Arvia.

"Of course no... who the fuck goes to the laboratory if it wasn't the evil genius like Daria and Tristan or... someone who wants to do the remedial?" Melisa replies.

"What did Daria and Tristan do, then? Were they there for the remedial class?" Katrina asks.

Melisa sighs, "Y'all... they were MAD GENIUS. They were doing research about an ester chemical for what i dont understand and they were members of Young Scientist association. They were sooooo famous that this tragedy leads to a commotion in the community."

"FAMOUS? but how didn't I know them?" Davin interrupted out of nowhere.

"DUDE... they were famous in the science forum.... do u even join the scientific forum??? i bet u don't, because what you like to do is just laying in bed all the fucking day...." Melisa replies.

"It was such a shame, tbh... Specially knowing that further investigation is stopped. They were special person for our school... Also, their contribution... was lit," Melisa adds.

"I'm genuinely curious. I think we need to investigate deeper? This is interesting..." Renka says.

"That's quite great.. Maybe we could obtain some informations from Sisil and ask her to join this investigation... We should discuss the plan at the cafe in front of the school.. Look! The office boy is waiting for us to get the fuck out of the class..." Katrina replies.

Then they went to the cafe in front of school.