○ 22 ○

"Good morning."

Taehyung sat down on the bench. Whole body shivering as the cold metal touched his back. The soft humming he got in response was enough for him to start.

"How are you feeling today?" He asked. Not daring to look straight at the girl.

"I...don't know..."

Soyoung had been fortunate to be revived. Her body refused to cooperate with the machines but her will to stay alive took her this far. She made it out of death. But was fighting it, still.

"I kinda-" Taehyung scratched the back of his neck, sheepishly. "-kinda read something last night."

She smiled and showed him her phone. Nahyun's text said that she had lend him the diary and she should collect it back when he's done reading. He pressed his mouth in a thin line and blinked.

"It's stupid..." she sighed. "I know I'm...really stupid..."

"Who said that?" He sounded like he was ready to beat the shit out of whoever it was. She weakly laughed. Since her head still hurt with major movements.

Realizing, he stopped joking and leaned back on the bench. The silence taking over them.

"You're not stupid Soyoung." He slowly broke the ice and watched as she turned to face him. Confusion written on her face. "You...you were just lost..."

"Lost..." she repeated after him.

She was given another life. Another chance and she wanted to mend the mistakes she's made before. The things she failed to notice, the skeletons she hid in her closet, she wanted make those right again. Even when Taehyung was right beside her, talking and looking at her, she didn't know how to start.

Though she knew he already read through things. Read through her mind. Her darkest secrets.