13 ~ Dinner

Chapter 13!!!!! 

~*~ recap ~*~

"I'd like that." I nodded and he took my hand in his.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ariel's P.O.V.

"Where did you get that oufit?" I jumped at my mother's voice from the doorway.

"Uh, I go t it when I was on tour with the boys." I replied and she walked across the room to join me at my mirror. 

"It's very beautiful. Did Niki pick it out?" I looked at her atonishingly.

"What makes you think that I didn't?" I asked her and she chuckled.

"Hun, you barely started wanting to wear these sorts of things. In all honesty, I have a hard time believing you got it yourself." She answered.

"Wow. I'm so glad you have such faith in my abilities." I rolled my eyes and then we both started to laugh.

"It's so good to hear you laugh, sweetheart." My mother hugged me and I smiled at her in the mirror.

"You're right. I didn't pick it out. But it wasn't Niki either." I confessed and she raised an eyebrow.

"Then who was it?" She wondered and I fiddled with the lace on my skirt.

"Louis." I answered after a few seconds.

"I see." She stated as her lips thinned into a straight line.

"Mom. Please be nice to him." I turned to face her slowly and she closed her eyes.

"I will. I will. I simply have a hard time letting him come so close." She explained and I grimaced a little.

"I know. It's hard for me too. I don't want to mess this up. I'm so scared to let him in. But, it hurts too much for me to stay away. I love him. I always have. I never stopped. I think I will always love him. I know it may seem hard to understand, but he's the one mom. I can feel it break every part of me to push him away." I blurted and she looked at me as a tear slid down her face.

"I know, sweetheart. I know. That's what scares me." She moved a piece of my hair that had fallen in my face.

"What do you mean?" I pushed and she sighed and stroked my cheek.

"I don't want you to hurt anymore. If what happened last time, happens again, I can't bare to see you that way again. I just hope that he is worth it for you." She smiled softly and I huffed.

"I'm so glad you are taking this so well. I love you so much." I wrapped my arms around my mother and she sueezed me and stroked my hair.

"I love you too. The boys will be here soon. Let's go downstairs and get the table ready." She pulled away from our hug and grabbed my hand to lead me towards the kitchen.

Louis' P.O.V.

 All of the boys were nervous to meet Ariel's mother after what happened the last time we were at her house, but I was especially frantic. I couldn't help but to pace on the doorstep until the big wooden door swung open to reveal a stunning Ariel with a giant smile.

"Hey, boys." She greeted.

"Hey, shorty." We all laughed as Ariel rolled her eyes and fluffed Harry's hair.

"Hey, Curly. Come on in." She moved aside for us to enter the house.

"Hello. Welcome to our home." We all stood quietly as Ariel's mother greeted us.

"Auntie Kel!" Niall beamed as he pulled her into a hug.

"Hello, Niall." The older woman laughed. I was startled to hear that her laugh was very similar to Ariel and Niall's. I guess it ran in the family. Still, it was strange to realize that the woman we all thought scary, was another Horan like the ones that we loved.