2 ~ This Room

Chapter 2

It's been awhile since I've written about Ariel and Louis.... I'm still trying to fit back into the feelings and emotions behind this story. I apologize if the beginning chapters are slow and unappealing. Once I get back into the swing of the relationships present in this story, things will pick up. I promise.

~*~ recap ~*~

Ariel-

"Oh my gosh. YES!" I told her excitedly. She laughed as I hugged her. I ran upstairs to write about my RARE excitement to my Journal.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ariel's P.O.V.

My happiness and excitement, by the invitation to help plan the Family Halloween Party, was very short lived. My energy level dropped and the depression kicked back in. Normally I like to camp out in my room. Since I was already in there writing to my Journal, I didn't have to travel very far. 

Curling up in a ball underneath my covers, I was instantly surrounded in heat and filled with the lingering peppermint scent of Louis. Tears started streaming down my face as I curled tighter into myself.

'I know I drive you crazy, hmm, sometimes

I know I call you lazy, and that's most times

But you complete me, and that's no lie

You are my tuxedo, and I'm your bow tie'

"Niki, not now okay?" I sniffled into my cell phone.

"A, I was just checking in. What's wrong?" My best friend's voice rang through the speaker.

"The same thing that's always wrong." I replied monotonously and she sighed.

"Are you wearing his sweater again?" She asked me and I could hear the sadness in her words.

"I don't know why I keep putting it on. I think it'll help dull the loneliness if I have something to make it feel like he is still here, and yet it still crashes over me like a wave just how terrible of an idea it was." I confessed and Niki huffed a breath of frustration.

"He misses you too, you know. He has to wear twice as much make up as any of the other guys because his face is almost always blotchy from crying. Ariel, I love you, but you are one of the stupidest people I know. You are hurting yourself." Niki spoke.

I know that she is just trying to help, but sometimes all Niki does is make me feel worse. I closed my eyes and let more tears fall down my face. 

"I know. You don't understand Nik. None of you understand. That decision was the hardest thing I have ever had to make, but I did for you guys. Until you get that I was saving you so much more hurt than a goodbye, you can't patronize me." I argued.

"I hope I never have to know that feeling. Ariel, I'm sorry." Niki spoke quietly and I sniffled again.

"It's alright Niki. I'll live." I replied.

"Niall wants me to tell you that the boys have an interview with Ellen DeGeneres in three hours. I've got to go. I love you, A." I missed my best friend so much, that I started to cry again to hear her leave.

"I love you too, Nik." I said sadly.

After hanging up the phone, I rolled onto my back and tried to get air back into my lungs. Why did she tell me he missed me? Why did she tell me that he cries over me?  I really don't know if I can make it through that talk show later.

 Niki's P.O.V.

I huffed a huge sigh of frustration as the line went dead. Closing my eyes, I rested my head on the back of the couch I was sitting on. Sometimes I feel like it's my responsibility to continually check in on Ariel, but I also really hate hearing her so depressed. Of course, being around Louis doesn't help much either.