7 ~ Surprise Rebels

I got out of Track early and have nothing to do.... figured I'd update!!! You're welcome.

~*~ recap ~*~

I stood in the same position for about twenty minutes before I heard my door creak open again. In the window I saw black hair and spun on my heel to face Niki. The look in her eyes said everything and the minute I saw her full on, I broke into hysterical sobs. She rushed to my side and wrapped me in a hug. We stood there, me ruining her Halloween costume and my make-up for a good half hour. Then I changed into Louis' sweats and we curled up in my bed, listening to the voices and laughter of people at the party that had no idea what just happened to my heart.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Louis' P.O.V.

"Lou, are you alright?" I looked up at the deep voice of my best mate.

"Yeah. I'll be okay." I responded but Harry gave me a concerned look.

"You haven't really said anything since the other night. We're all worried about what happened." He sat down next to me on the couch.

"I don't even know what happened. I don't understand." I confessed and he put his hand on my shoulder.

"Wanna talk about it?" He pushed and I looked at him.

"I thought everything was going pretty well. I'm almost positive we wrote a song out of a whim right there in her room. The lyrics said everything we couldn't say ourselves." I explained.

"So, what's the problem?" Harry wondered and I sighed.

"We were opening up. We were getting somewhere. I was this close to knowing why. Then, her mom came bursting in the door and yelling. She kicked me out, banned me from their house. Ariel was slipping and her mom was not that happy." I remembered and Harry furrowed his eyebrows.

"You're saying, Ariel was letting you in and her mom made her shut you out again?" He questioned and I nodded.

"I can't go back but I can't not go back. I have to see her. I have to know the truth. Harry, what do I do?" I complained and put my head on his shoulder. He rubbed my back and hummed quietly in thought.

"There is one thing you could try." He replied and I sat up to look at him curiously.

Ariel's P.O.V.

I woke to the sun warming me to a sweat under my comforter. I kicked off the sheets and rubbed my eyes tiredly. A shower sounded nice so I hobbled groggily to the bathroom and flipped the warm water on. Once the temperature was just right, I stepped in and felt a wave of relief. 

Showers always seemed to calm my nerves and release worries. If I could just live the rest of my life in a shower, I wouldn't have to think or worry or remember anything. I would be content to have the warm water wash away every bad memory and feeling and start over.

I stood in the water til I could feel my fingers and toes prune. Once I finally got out, I dressed in shorts and Louis' jacket. It wasn't cold outside, in fact is was extremely warm, but I just missed him. The morning after he showed up, I mentally scolded myself for letting him affect me so much. I know that I was mad at my mom at the time, but by the morning I was so grateful that she had been there. There is no way I would have let him go. I would have let him in again. I wouldn't have been able to stop myself. This perspective brought me to the conclusion that if I ever saw him again, I would hold my ground better. 

My phone started to ring and I rolled across my bed to pick it up from the nightstand.

"Hello?" I answered.