12 ~ Surprises

Chapter 12

~*~ recap ~*~

Niall's P.O.V.

Looking at Ariel and Louis hugging suddenly made me feel homesick. Not the kind where I wanted to go back to Ireland. But the type where I wanted to rewind time back to where we had all been happy with Ariel in our lives.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ariel's P.O.V.

"I was thinking we should have a dinner party." I looked up from my plate at my mother's words.

"Why?" I wondered and she shrugged.

"It's been awhile since Niall has been over. I thought maybe he could bring the boys and we could properly meet them. You spent a year across seas with them and I can barely remember their names." She answered as she stabbed her fork into a piece of broccolli.

"I thought you didn't want to know them?" I pushed and she sighed and put her fork down on her plate before looking up at me.

"I don't care for the boy that hurt you. He doesn't seem worthy of my time if he can't respect you. Still, he's a member of the band and I want to know who you spent so much time with. Niall is my nehpew and I reserve the right to have him over. If his friends mean so much, I must invite them as well if I'm going to be a good aunt." I stared at my mother in wonder.

"Why now?" I asked and she smiled.

"You started hanging out with them again. I can see how much happier you are now that they are back. I just want you to come back to me." She smiled softly and I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"I already came back. Over a year ago." I questioned.

"You came back in person, not in heart. And we all miss Ariel so much." My mother stood at that time and picked up her plate.

"Your father and Ryder will be home soon. I'm going to make them some food. Go call your friends." She smiled and exited the dining room.

I almost couldn't contain my laughter. My mother wanted to meet them. After every harsh word she used to describe why they would never be allowed back in the house after Halloween, and suddenly she wants them here because they make me happy. I smiled and quickly ran up to my room.

Louis' P.O.V.

"She invited us over? ALL of us?" I asked bewildered.

"Yes. ALL of you." Ariel giggled and I smiled at her laugh.

"I never thought that that would happen....." I confessed and she laughed again.

"I know. Me neither." she smiled at me and then went to her desk.

"What are you doing?" I questioned as she pulled a box out of a drawer.

"I'm going to paint my nails." she replied.

"What color?" I asked as I scooted to the end of the bed to see her as she sat on the floor.

"Black." she pulled a bottle out with dark liquid inside.

"Can I do it?" I asked and she looked up at me with a raised eyebrow.

"You want to paint my nails?" She laughed and I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks.

"I want to try." I answered and she laughed again.

"Okay." I smiled and sat down on the ground across from her.

In order to get the entire nail and make it look good, I had to sit cross-legged and bend over at my waist to be closer to her fingers. She made me do two coats and a clear top coat as well.