5 ~ The Party

I'm SSSOOO sorry!!! I am probably the most horrible updater ever.... I'm just so busy! Track, Colorguard, Choir, Three Acts, I don't have time for a life anymore.... hahahaha but I got a break!!! 

~*~ recap ~*~

Ariel's P.O.V.

"Alright. Niki, let's go have a long overdue sleep over." I smiled as I grabbed her wrist and hauled her up the stairs while she laughed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Niki's P.O.V.

"Ariel, breathe. Everything is going to be just fine." I slid down the wall beside my friend as she hyperventilated in the corner of the dining room. 

"No it won't. The DJ quit last minute! What am I going to do? That's the entertainment! Why does everything bad happen to me at the worst possible times? The party starts in three hours! The caterer isn't even here. This is going to be a disaster. Mom should never have let me plan this! I'm going to ruin the reputation of Horan Halloween Parties." Ariel's words jumbled together as she spoke faster and faster. Her face grew red and tears were streaming down her cheeks.

"Just calm down, A. You worry too much." I smiled at her and she shook her head in dismay.

"I ruin everything." Her face was quickly buried in her arms as if she was embarrassed to look at me.

"You do not. There is a reason for everything." I offered and she groaned.

"I just to find a new DJ." She mumbled and I grinned.

"Advantages of having a famous boyfriend! He has connections. I'll go call Harry and see if he can hook us up, alright?" I suggested and Ariel's head snapped up at my words.

"You would do that?" She inquired and I laughed.

"Of course! You're my best friend. I'd do anything for you." I replied and the next thing I knew I couldn't breathe.

"I love you!" I felt Ariel vibrate beneath me and I huffed out the remaining air in my lungs.

"Can't. Breathe." I strained and she instantly let go of me as she sheepishly smiled.

"Sorry." She apologized and I took a deep breath.

"It's alright. I'm going to go call Harry. Be back in a minute." I told her.

"Alright. I'll be in checking the R.S.V.P. list for tonight." She replied and I nodded and exited the room.

Dialing the all too familiar number, I pressed my cell phone to my ear. It rang three times before the welcoming voice of my boyfriend answered huskily. 

"Hello?" Harry asked.

"Hey Haz." I spoke.

"Nik! Hey. How's Ariel?" He asked and I smiled to myself at his concern.

"She been pretty good since I got here. Louis hasn't been much of a topic. She's too busy planning this party." I replied.

"Well, I guess that's good." He offered.

"Yeah. Although, she still wears his sweats. I guess she has nightmares without them. It's adorably sweet but kind of creepy at the same time." I confided and he sighed.

"That's alright. Louis has to have his Batman comforter or he doesn't sleep." Harry reminded me.

"That's true. Those two just need ot be together already. Gosh dang it." I huffed and he chuckled on the other end.

"Trust me, we all feel the same way." It was my turn to laugh softly.

"So, the DJ quit like planned. Get the boys ready, plan 'Louriel' is now in motion." I smiled mischieviously as Harry hung up and our months of devious planning was beginning to unfold.