26 ~ You're Drunk

Recap ~

Harry's P.O.V.

"Is she mad at me?" Niki sniffled out.

"You should really ask her that yourself." I prompted.

"You're right." Niki sucked in a huge breath before wiping the tears from her face and turning towards the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Niki's P.O.V.

I knew Harry was right. If I was in Ariel's position I would want her there with me, and I know without a doubt she would have been right by my side the entire time regardless of how mad at me she was. I was being petty and pathetic.

Still, my hand was shaking uncontrollably as I reached for the doorknob. I froze in fear as my fingers curled around the cold metal. I couldn't face her after all this time. I'd left her. I'd failed her. I was the worst best friend ever. I didn't even deserve that title.

"Do you want me to open it for you?" Harry's voice rang behind me and I sucked in a shaky breath.

I felt a huge lump in my throat and my eyes started to burn from holding back tears. I looked at Harry over my shoulder and he gave me a sympathetic smile.

Harry stepped up beside me and pulled my fingers from the doorknob. He laced his hand with my shaking one and pulled me closer to him.

I looked up at the curly haired boy and he bent down to kiss my forehead. I felt my heartbeat pick up pace and a wave of nostalgia passed through me. I'd missed Harry almost as much as I missed Ariel. I couldn't believe I almost ruined two of the best relationships in my life over a selfish thought.

"I'm sorry." I blurted out.

"I know." He replied quietly. The smile he gave seemed to fill me with courage.

Harry reached out and twisted the doorknob. I had to force myself to let out the breath I was holding as Harry dragged me into the room behind him.

Ariel was sitting cross-legged in the middle of her bed, Louis standing beside her, both of them rifling through the bag Harry had given to Louis in the hallway. Liam was standing, leaning back against the end of the bed, using the remote to look at channels on the tv. Niall was sitting is the windowsill, hand in a bag of crisps, while he argued with Liam about what they should watch.

"Hey, A. Mind if one more joins our party?" Harry asked loudly and the chatter in the room immediately died down.

Ariel had been smiling while talking to Louis, but her face fell into a solemn stare as she turned to look at me. I swallowed thickly under her gaze.

"Louis?" Ariel said, not taking her eyes off me.

"Yes?" Louis wondered.

"Did you bring enough for six people to share?" Ariel asked him. Louis looked around the room at everyone, but Ariel's eyes never left my face.

"Uh, yeah. Should be." Louis answered.

"Well, I guess you came on a good night, Nik." Ariel shrugged before winking at me and then she turned to smile up at Louis.

"That's my girl." Louis cooed as he leaned forward with a goofy grin on his face to kiss Ariel's forehead.

"I never doubted for a second that she'd want you here." Harry whispered in my ear. I felt a huge smile spread across my face as a few warm tears trickled down my cheek.

Louis' P.O.V.

Ariel wanted to enjoy everyones company so she refused to drink anything until after everyone went home. I had a few drinks but nothing that would get me too drunk. Harry didn't drink anything either, because he wanted to be able to drive Niki home. Niall and Liam got so wasted that I checked them into the hotel down the street from the hospital, close enough for them to walk. Once we had the room to ourselves, Ariel wanted us to celebrate together.