8 ~ The Risk

Chapter 8!!! Hope you enjoy! 

~*~ recap ~*~

“What is it about you that breaks through my defenses?” I wondered as I gazed down at Louis’ perfect face.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ariel’s P.O.V.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I turned around with a soapy dish and rag in my hands.

“I’m washing the dishes.” I replied and smiled at my mother’s surprised face.

“What’s going on?” She pushed as she crossed the kitchen and took the plate from me.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“You have been locked in your room for the past 18 months and then randomly in the middle of September you start doing things around the house and helping out. You’re acting all happy and normal. What happened?” My mother’s eyebrows furrowed and I smiled at her as I took the plate back and continued washing it.

“I guess I got over my heartbreak.” I explained and she stared at me for a few minutes before smiling and hugging me.

“Oh, Ariel. I’m so glad you’re getting over that bigheaded boy band heartthrob. He’s not worth it.” She exclaimed and then she left humming a happy tune.

I ground my teeth together as she left, trying not to turn and yell at her. The truth was, I didn’t get over my heartbreak. Before, I could just lie in my room and miss Louis. He was so far away and there was nothing I could do about it. Now that he’s only a twenty minute drive away, I’m going out of my mind just sitting in my room. I’ve been busying myself with cleaning and cooking, really anything to keep my mind from focusing on my rebellion the last few weeks.

It’s not like I instantly took him back and we were sneaking around as a couple behind my mother’s back. I still hadn’t told Louis why I left him. He still doesn’t know why I can’t take him back. Louis has simply been coming to talk to me at night when everyone else is asleep. I’ve started leaving my window unlatched for him to easily crawl in when he arrives. We lay on my bed and talk. Nothing more than talking ever occurs.

Louis’ P.O.V.

“Hey Lou, can I talk to you?” I looked up at the blonde who stood above me.

“Sure. What’s up Ni?” I asked as I patted the couch beside me for him to sit down.

“I came into your room the other night to ask for some of those herb packets your mom gives you for nightmares and you weren’t there. I didn’t want to tell Liam or the other boys and make a big deal about it until I talked to you. Where were you?” He questioned and I was a little taken aback.

“I’m sorry Ni. Did you have a nightmare? I wish I would have been in my room to help you.” I sympathized.

“I did. But, I didn’t come to talk about that. I came to talk about where you have been going at night.” He folded his arms and stared at me inquisitively.

“You’ve noticed more than one?” I pressed and he nodded.

“We’ve been so busy lately that I never had a chance to sit down and ask you.” He explained.

“I’m sorry Niall, but I can’t tell you. Just know that it’s an important matter to me and you can’t tell Liam.” I pushed and he looked confused.

“Why can’t I tell Liam?” He wondered and I sighed as I rubbed the bridge of my nose.

“He’ll tell Simon and then Simon will want to find out what I’m doing and he’ll do it secretively and then he’ll ruin everything I’ve tried so hard to fix.” I blabbed and Niall furrowed his eyebrows.