Part 20:

A/N: LOL SORRY FOR ALL THE POV SWAPS I'VE FINALLY LOST MY GOSH DARNED MIND AND SCREAMED SCREW IT  INTO THE NIGHT AND GIVEN UP TRYING TO MAKE THIS SOUND GOOD.

Also watch me do one last very confusing act that should have taken at least two chapters in prep time for this to work.

______________

He had to admit, when Jon looked up at him with those baby blues and croaked "Good," Kon just about screamed.

He refrained, of course, because the last thing that kid needed was reason to be more distressed. And it had hardly been seconds after when his eyes began to grow droopy, and fall peacefully closed, so Kon just held him closer, wondering what the heck he had gotten himself into. Raven should have the Titans rallied by now, prepared to follow suit if they didn't get word from him.

Lex was probably expecting that, but there was a chance he might have overlooked his alignment with the Titans after all this time. After all, he hadn't even told Clark or Kara what he was doing, why tell the team of amateur teen heroes?

Kon knew there was a very good chance that one of them would crumble and tell Superman where he was and what was happening; the League would get involved, and Raven would have no choice but to share the location of the research facility.

But maybe that was a good thing.

Looking down at Jon, half asleep in his arms and too exhausted to breathe in normal intervals, Kon knew that they didn't have much of a chance getting out themselves.

Jon asked a question, barely audible, and Kon had to process for a second before he understood.

"How'd they get you?"

"I came looking," he answered.

"How'd you find this place?"

"Raven found it. We just have to sit tight and wait for the team to come after us. We'll be out real soon."

"They're going to make me let them into the Fortress."

" ... Can you even do that?" Kon asked.

Jon shrugged weakly. "I mean, I can get in, but I've never been there without Dad."

"Are you even strong enough to lift that friccen key?"

"Never tried."

"How on earth does Lex think this is gonna work?" Kon asked. "You fly over, unlock the giant Elsa ice castle with the giant frozen key that weighs more than the earth itself and just ... let them in?"

Jon shrugged again.

"He only wanted access, so technically I could just walk him up to the door, point to the key and try to get out of range so the inhibitor collar can't shock me."

"They've been shocking you?"

"I mean, I haven't exactly been the calmest prisoner."

Kon patted his cheek, beaming with pride. "Attaboy. Just like I taught you. Give 'em hell, little feller."

"Okay, but what am I actually gonna do?" Jon wondered. "If Lex isn't satisfied with what little access I can get him, he's gonna hurt us real bad."

"Kid, I'm going to tell you once; Lex Luthor has some guts thinking he can get away with kidnapping, hurting, and trying to kill the last surviving members of the House of El. He's stupid for it believing he can."

"But what if he uses you?"

Kon swore profusely when Jon's eyes started to water.

"If that uggo egg boi tries using me to take y'all out, you have express permission to dispose of me in a dumpster fire with Dinotrux."