10: The Temple of Light

~~~Leray P.O.V.~~~

         We burst out of the forest and I am bewildered to see a… wait what is that. Zane gives father the falcon, father looks bewildered. Misako is startled and Sensei Wu looks curious. Kai shouts, “No time. Being fallowed.” Cole jumps in the front of the thing fallowed by Kai, Zane, and Lloyd.

         Jay runs to Nya. “There’s a surprise for you in the back.” She gives Jay a quick kiss.

         “Yes! Another Nya surprise!” Jay hollers, Nya laughs and Jay jumps in to the thing.

         Misako sees me hesitating to fallow the ninjas. “You don’t know what that, is do you?” She asks me.

         I shake my head, and shape shift in to a cheetah. “Let’s go.” (“Let’s go” is now my official catch phrase.)

         Cole starts the engine of the thing and speeds off along the coast. I follow a safe distance away from the thing, better safe than sorry. There’s a reason in my warrior form and when I shape shift, that my eyes are blue. It gives me the 7th sense. The 7th sense is the sense of knowing your appoint. This means you know their fighting style, their past, and what their next move will be. The only flaw is that there must be eye contact before the 7th sense can come in to play. And most of the time I don’t make eye contact. What’s the fun in knowing what your opponent will do next?

         “Take a left!”

         “NO! We need to go this way!”

         “Take a left!”

         “I want to see what this thing can do!”

         “We need to live! Not explore our new car!” so that’s what the thing is, a car?

         “Loosen up!”

         “Well I want to get to this Temple of Light alive!”

         “Can’t we have some fun on the way?!”

         “I don’t want to get there in pieces!”

         “Who said we will get there in pieces?!”

         “I say so!”

         “Why?!”

         “Because you’re a crazy driver!” True, Cole is zigzagging all over the place.

         “I am not!”

         “Yes you are!”

         “Then why don’t you take the wheel?!”

         I roll my eyes. Great, Kai and Cole are arguing again. I hop on the front window, my spotted fur rippls in the wind. Yeah I know I’m crazy. “Shut up you two!” I yell at them.

         “AHHH” Kai, Cole, Jay, Zane, and Lloyd scream. Cole lets go of the steering wheel, or at least I think it’s the steering wheel. I jump down and let them figure it out. Ok so that was kind of cruel of me, but they will have to learn the unexpected.

         “STONE WARRIORS STRAIT AHEAD!” Zane calls. I growl. ‘Sorry sis.’ He mouths to me.

         The car mad a jump and drills underground at the edge of the Walking Stone army. I shift in to my warrior form and pull my moon sword. I began to make a trail of ruble behind me as I face the Walking Stone men. Cut one in half, chop another to pieces, duck and strike, doge and parry, dance away, mock them, taunt them, make them in to rubble. Finally I reach the other side of the army, uh! What a crummy army.