15: The Battle.

For the next hour we sharpened weapons, trained lightly, and meditated no matter how frustrated it made me. Finally I got to antsy and said, “Let’s go.”

“They will not know what hit them!” Cole crows as he, Kai, Zane, Jay, and Lloyd pull on their hood masks. I take up my warrior form.

We take off to the trees, but father (not the Over Lord) stays behind waving. “What’s wrong?” Zane asks as he skids to a stop and looks over his shoulder.

“I’m an inventor not a fighter.” Father smiles. “Stay safe and have fun.” I walk forward and give him a hug. “My little warrior.”

“Thank you for not saying Seashore.” He ruffles my hair. “And then you do that.” I sigh.

“Come on!” Kai says as they run in to the trees laughing, I fallow. Little light flickers through the trees’ branches, and the shadows are still reaching out to me.

Lloyd sighs and says, “I’m kind of scared.”

“You have my lightening.” Jay says.

“And my earth.” Cole adds.

“And my fire.” Kai adds on.

“And my ice.” Zane continues.

“And my love.” I finish.

“I can’t help thinking that this might be our last battle.” Cole puffs.

“I can’t stop thinking about Nya.” Jay sighs.

“Then maybe you should think about the good times you had with her.” Misako said wisely.

“Hey, remember that time Cole got hypnotize and tried to kill us?” Kai said with a laugh.

“You just had to destroy my tree house.” Lloyd said.

Zane shrugs and we all laugh, I skid to a stop. “What?” Sensei asks stopping beside me.

“I fell a dark presence.” At the moment I said that Nya jumps out of the trees and swings around a spiked ball on a chain.

“Nya!” Jay shouts.

“What did they do to my sister!” Kai yells.

“That is no longer Nya!” Sensei Wu holds out his arms stopping the two boys from charging at her.

“Remember Nya was poisoned by black magic.” I told them.

“Lloyd go!” Zane yells standing in a fighting stance.

“We’ll hold her off!” Cole stands by Zane.

“But you said you would be behind me!” Lloyd says panicky.

“The enemy is on the beach. We must go.” I take Lloyd’s hand and pull him behind me, Misako and Sensei Wu fallow.

We burst out of the trees and quickly stop as we see Garmadon in a huge weapon of some sort. It has big wheels, no roof, a big canon, and an open control center.

Garmadon turns around, “It looks like destiny has brought me my son, brother, wife, and… no…” He stares at Lloyd and I (still holding hands).

The Over Lord screeches with furry, the sound is earsplitting. “Fire! Fire the dark magic now!”

Garmadon hits the button, at the same time Lloyd runs forward and with a flying leap lands in the control center and blasts several balls of light at Garmadon. Sensei and Misako begin to fight Walking Stone men together. The Over Lord floats over to me and we engage in a wizard battle. I summon my wand it is six inches long and gnarled.

Shmu!” He hisses and a jet of lightening streaks to me.

Ja maiu!” I counter and hold my hand out. The lightening hits my hand and I throw it back at him, the lightening hits his core and he oozes black goo.

“Your stronger.” He says in a mocking tone, I just growl. “Kym ya!”

The ground opens up beneath me. I raise my hands above my head, “Tla ju!” a bubble of magic swirls around and lifts me three inches of the ground.

Shat lu!” He yells and a plume of fire rushes to me.

Ksis fa lu!” I drop my protection spell and redirect the fire at the Over Lord. He howls in pain and more black goo falls to the ground.

Jal lerm sma ka!” He shouts and an invisible force slams in to me and zaps away my power, I fall to the ground. The Over Lord rushes to Garmadon (who had just punched Lloyd) and takes over Garmadon. A thick dark sickly light pulses and the Over Lord, Garmadon, and the Walking Stone men disappear.