5: Dangerous Love

Sensing the others falling to sleep. I reply, “Close the door.” He comes in and closes the door and leans on the wall. I cross my arms and shift my weight to one leg. “What do you want?”

        “Do you know more than you’re willing to say?”

        “About the prophecy? No.” I say hotly. He’s really getting on my nerves.

        “Please if you do tell me?!” He begs.

        “If I do know more, why should I tell you?”

        “Because it’s about me?!”

        “It’s about a daughter of light.” My frustration grows to anger.

        “Because I like you, Leray.” He places his hands on my shoulders.

        I push him away and say, “No!” I turn around.

        “Yes. I like you.” There is desperation in his eyes.

        I shake my head. “Lloyd no. Please don’t say that.”

        “Why?”

        “I-I can’t...”

        “Why?!”

        “If I love you, I’ll die.”

        “No. I’ll protect you.” He steps forward, and hugs me, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

        “Go. Leave.” I’m tense, ready to break something. He turns and leaves. I whip around and plunge my fist into the wall, up to my wrist. Turning I run from my room and into the hall. I doge past Lloyd and run to the main deck, he calls after me but I ignore him.

        I burst out the door and then I’m on the main deck. Jumping of the rail I shift into a snowy owl and take a midnight flight.