6: The Island of Darkness

I fly high and break through the cloud cover. I am nearly blinded by ribbons of light dancing on the wind. The air is sharp and cold. I feel my wings lock and then buckle. Fragments of ice form on my white feathers as I hurtle down to the waves below.

         I plunge in to the waters and shift in to a dolphin. Not any soft skinned dolphin, my head and back is armored with the same material as my dress: thin, light and flexible metal. I swim to the surface and take a breath through my blow hole.

         I bob on the waves and see a dark mass forming on the horizon, the Island of Darkness. Jumping in to the air I shift back in to a snowy owl and fly to the ship, landing by the door to the bridge room. I step in the room as myself and walk over to the steering wheel. I turn the gear to fly and steer the ship to the island.

         By the time the sun rises the others are awake (after I blared the 3 times to get them up. Kai and Jay were so mad at me he almost made my brother, Zane, blow a circuit.)

         Now Nia has the wheel, Sensei Wu, Misako, and father are discussing the best way to land on the island without trouble.  Kai, Cole, Jay, Zane, Lloyd, and I are dashing around the ship preparing for a possible battle and landing. Pushing my sleeves up to my elbows, I kneel to pick up a big bag of rice. Cole swings over to help. Then he sees the mark on my fore arm, grasping my wrist he looks closely at it. It was a combination of the symbol for strength/courage, and the symbol for magic’s. In some places it’s thin and swirly, in others it’s thick and strong, here and there it’s wistful like smoke.

         “What’s this for?” He asks.

         I pull my wrist away and say “It allows me to work magic. Watch… Fay.” The bag of rice lifted its self-up, went flying in to the wall and pops open. The mark on my fore arm glows gold as I prepared to do another trick. “Say Lup.” The rice grains float back in to the broken bag. “Rita Shay.” The bag closes together and the mark on my fore arm faded back to a scar.

         “Land ahoy!” Nya calls from the bridge room door, and beckons us to come in.

         Once we were all gathered Sensei Wu says, “We will sail the rest of the way. We will stay hidden, silent and stay out of trouble.” He eyes the ninja.

         Father eyes me as says, “I am hoping that you have a trick up your sleeve so that we don’t land in the water with a splash and hit the island with a thump.”

         “I can do beater then that. Nya fly close to the water, so I can use some of its energy force to cloak to ship.” Nya does as I ask, as I think to myself, When are they going to learn that where ever I am there is trouble. Then I pull on my magic and say, “Clou-du lah.” Sweat gathers on my brow. Nya lands the ship and I release my magic. The ship becomes viable again. I sway on my feet. Then the world turns black.

~~~Lloyd P.O.V.~~~

         I rush forward and ketch her before she hits the ground. I cradle her head. She is so beautiful. Picking her up I take her to her room. As soon as I return the bridge Uncle (Sensei Wu) puts me and the other four ninja to work on hiding the ship from enemy eyes.