7: Prophecy

~~~Leray P.O.V.~~~

        My dreams are blurred and dark, full of confusion and pain. Then there is a burst of light.

        I wake with a start, flicking my eyes open. There is a cool cloth on my forehead and father is sitting beside my bed on a stool. “Wha…” I trail off.

        Father understands and says, “You want to far.” I groan and stiffly move my arm out from under the blanket. Father tries to stop me put I push him off. I look at the mark on my arm. It’s gray. I sigh and Sensei Wu comes in.

        I sit up and hold my head. “Go away. I know what to do.” Father nods and leads Sensei Wu out the door. In truth I have no idea on what to do. My head is pounding, and I feel stiff. I stand up and walk over to the dresser. My swords/daggers, bow, and quiver are lying there.

        I strap them on and walk outside. The sand is warm on my feet. Kai, Cole, Jay, and Zane are training Lloyd. “You’re OK.” Brother said with relief in his voice. I smile and nod. Lloyd looks at me there is love in his gaze. Oh why? Is this so dangerous, our love? I think to myself. I turn away from them and look out over the water. I think about the prophecy. A daughter of light, who is she?

        “That’s it! I want to fight! Not train!” Cole crows.

        I walked over to them. “Same here, I need some action.”

        “But you were out for like two days.” Jay points out.

        I scowl at him. “I’m a warrior and I don’t give up till I die.”

        Just then Misako walks out of the bounty and says, “I think I found a way for you to defeat the stone warriors.”

        “What how? Our elemental powers are useless without the golden weapons. I've tried, and all I've gotten is a spark.” Kai is getting excited.

        “It's true. I've seen a candle do better than him.” Jay jokes. Kai swats the back of Jay's head. “Hay!” Jay complains. I roll my eyes.

        “I don’t care as long as I can fight.” Cole says enthusiastically.

        “What’s a stone warrior?” I ask them.

        “A stone warrior is what the Over Lord made from an indestructible stone only found here on the Island of Darkness.” Sensei Wu explains to me. I nod in thanks for him clearing that up.

             “So you said they can defeat the Stone Warriors?” Nya directs her question at Misako.

        “Yes. In finding the Temple of Light,” Misako points at the scroll in front of her. It is old but the picture on it is still visible. There are five ninja, four standing at the corners of a square and the fifth standing in the middle. The other four on the corners are warring red, blue, black, and white. The one in the middle is wearing green. “The green ninja must strike the instrument of peace, granting his four protectors pure elemental powers. His protectors must then send him their powers, and he, the green ninja, will have the power of the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master.”

        “Ultimate Spinjitzu Master?” Lloyd asks him mom.

        “It means you will have the power of the Golden Dragon. An accent fighting style only practiced by the Ultimate Spinjitzu master.” She explains for her son. Cole and Jay exchange a mouth gaping glance.

        “Ha… Jealous?” Lloyd sneers, looking at Kai, Cole, Jay, and Zane.

        I look up, from the picture a fire dancing in my eyes.

        “What?” Jay asks nervously.

        “I feel a battle coming.” I say, I am ready for action.

        “Yes we get to fight! I got happy feet!” Cole does a little jig in his set. We laugh at him.

        “But how do we find the Temple of Light?” Zane asks. For a nindroid he is getting antsy.

        “With this.” Misako holds up a round gold medallion as big as my fist. There are three mountains carved onto it, and at the tops of each mountain tip is a hole.

        “What’s that?” Sensei Wu asks her.

        “It’s a medallion,” Father takes it as he explains. “when you find what lines up to it the picture and in the holes. The location of whatever you are looking for is found. In this case the Temple of Light.”

        “Oooh” the ninjas say at the same time as they understand.

        “How do you know that?” Nya asks father.

        “I did a lot of reading in my spare time. Myths are my favorite.” Father chuckles.

        Lloyd gets up as he says, “Let’s go!”

        “Not you.” Sensei Wu stands up and blocks Lloyds way.

        “Ah… seriously are we still doing this?” Lloyd looks at Kai, Cole, Jay, and Zane for support. They look away. He looks at me there is a spark of hope in his eyes. He is younger than he looks, I can see it in his eyes, I’ll have to ask my brother about that.

        “Lloyd I’m sorry but if you were to meet your father, aka Garmadon, to soon it could prematurely start the battle…” and I can’t lose you. I plead him.

        “Ha… Jealous?” Jay shoots back at Lloyd. He turns and looks at Jay, Lloyd is vary annoyed.

        “Remember Garmadon doesn’t know we are on the island, stay silent and out of sight.” Sensei Wu instructs us.

        “Come one Sensei when have we ever veered from a plan?” Cole inquires as he gets up. Sensei Wu just blinks. Great… that’s so reassuring. (sarcasm)

        Kai, Cole, Jay and Zane shout, “Ninja-!!”

        Sensei Wu cuts them off, “Sshh. Not so loud. Are you trying to get us caught?”

        “-go.” They finish in a whisper. The four of them are standing in a fighting stance with their hood-masks’ on. I take up my warrior form. And hop up after them as they take off to the trees.

        “Stay safe Seashore!” Father calls after me, as Kai, Cole, Jay, Zane, and I run to the forest beside the camp. I growl as Jay smirks under his hood-mask, brother swats him for me.

        We run silently through the trees. They stick to shadows I preferably would like to be up the trees but I stay to the shadows as well. This forest is creepily familiar, but I can’t place my finger on it.