25 - His Name

Our walk back home was really quiet. We didn't walk together, since Yamato walked ahead the whole time.

Before we reached Harue's school I try to catch up to him again. I was wearing heels so I slip a bit. I didn't quite fall though because I held onto Yamato's back.

"S-sorry..." I recover from my trip. "I tried to catch up to you again, and I almost fell over..."

He stops walking and turns over to me looking down.

"S-sorry..."

He raises his head and takes my hand. "It's fine. Just walk beside me so that it won't happen again..."

Now I walked beside him, his hand in mine. Something felt different this time compared to Fumi's hand. I mean, of course Yamato's hand is bigger, but I mean... this time instead of going pale and freaking out, I felt a bit happy and even shy.

He kept his face turned towards the street as he held my hand gently. As we got closer to Haru's school, I felt his grip get a bit stronger before letting go.

"Oba! Yamato!" Harue runs up to us taking both of our hands in his two. The hand that I had been holding was now in Harue's small one. He always walked in between us that way. Today, he noticed a difference.

"Haruna Oba, Yamato...your hands feel warmer than usual."

We both stay quiet and just kind of, evade his question.

"How was school today?"
-----------

We get home and Harue goes ahead of me. Only Yamato and I remain outside of the apartments, nervously standing in each others presence.

"S-so... I guess I'll be going inside now..." I announce a bit too loudly.

"R-right. Me too..."

I open my door then look over to him. At the same exact moment he also turns to me. Our eyes meet for a brief moment before I look away and go inside.

Today we weren't going to eat dinner together anyways. I was to enroll Harue in ikebana classes.

I look down at the schedule. They had classes in the afternoon for children on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

The address on the paper seemed a bit far but...

"Harue! We're going to sign you up for ikebana!"

"Really? Yes!" He does a victory pose. It was really freakin cute so I take my phone out and take a quick picture of him.

I laugh outloud and pat his head lovingly.

"Let's go."

---------
The ride took about 20 minutes by train and walking. We finally stood in front of the huge, and I mean huge, Utsunomiya estate.

"Holy-"

"How may we help you?" A maid asks us. I guess she saw us loitering around.

"Uh, well... I'm here to enroll my nephew for ikebana lessons.."

"Oh, of course. The main office is just down that way..."

I follow her direction and end up in the office. I finish the registration. The lady in the front desk also asked questions like 'are you in any of the ikebana families?' and such.

While I finished up Harue was admiring the works that were displayed. I turn back and give one last signature. I hear Harue's voice call out to him.

"Mr.Utsunomiya!" I turn at the figure.

"Hello again. Nice to see you again." He smiles at Harue nicely. "Did you decide to attend classes here?"