33 - My Feelings

Haruka and I walked to the bakery in silence, but for some reason it felt like maybe, he was actually looking for the right words to start a conversation, because he looked deep in thought.

Once we arrive at the bakery, we give the cashier the receipt and she goes to the back to retrieve Takao's cake.

I take a seat at one of the small tables that the place had to offer. Haruka sits in front of me.

"Haruna." His gentle voice calls my name. I look over and answer. "Yes?"

His eyes close and a small smile appears on his face. "Nothing. I just like saying your name. It reminds me of spring."

I feel a little awkward about his comment but i just smile and chuckle a bit.

What was Haruka thinking?

I rest my hand on the table while looking around the buildings interior. I was being a little awkward.

"Haruna, what's your real relationship with Yamato?"

I look at Haruka. "What do you mean? We're just friends, family..." That's right.

"Haruna...is that really it?" He looks a bit concerned.

"Erm...yeah." Why was he even asking this?

I suddenly feel somewhat guilty. I feel like my answer was wrong.

But...Yamato is my family.

I felt something else.

"You see Haruna, I wanted to get to know you better." He explains. "Thats why I wanted to make sure..." He looks a little shy.

"Oh um..haha..." Wow thats really awkward. I really don't want him to hit on me or anything though.

"Listen um.. you can get to know me and stuff but...I-"

"Oh its okay." He reassures with another smile. "It doesn't have to be mutual....for now."
...
...

"Oh...Pfft~" For some weird reason I found his whole situation funny. Probably because of the tense atmosphere that he had created for me. He looked like he was trying to be smooth but, he was just trying too hard.

I try to suppress my giggle. He looks away, bright red from my reaction.

"Haruka-san." I stop laughing and just smile. "You seem so calm and composed, but, you can actually be cute sometimes."

"Oh but I can be calm and composed." He puts his hand on mine and leans as bit closer.

Before I pull back, the lady from the back comes back, cake in hand.

He pulls back before I do.

We leave the bakery and this time, just talking normally.

"So are you busy with ikebana?" I ask him. "It sounds like you're busy, because like you're so popular.

"More or less I suppose." He shrugs. "I'm glad that I at least have time for my friend." He tells me, referring to Takao.

I nod. "Work is always good. Too much can be overwhelming though."

"That's true."

We were walking under a row of cherry blossoms, I felt a petal land on my head. I reached for it, but I couldn't tell where it was.

"Oh Haruna." Haruka stops walking, takes a step closer to me and reaches for my hair.

We were just in front of Long Island. So it only took us a few steps to go in.

As soon as we walk in, all eyes are on us.

"Haruka Utsunomiya... " Saeki starts talking before anyone else. "Are you trying to take our Haruna from us?"

That's when the bar erupted in chatter at once. I was extremely confused with the direction everything took.
-----------
Yamato's P.O.V.

"Hey look, Haruna and Haruka are back." Yuta pointed out the window.

Sure enough, there they were. They stopped part way though, under the cherry blossoms.

Haruka suddenly moves in closer to her.

What?

Saeki stands from his seat. "Hey..."

Haruka Was picking a flower petal from her hair, and most of us had gotten the wrong idea.

Haruna smiled, probably thanking him.

He was way too close, just for that...

As soon as they walk in, Saeki says something that fills the bar with loud chatter.

I quickly stood up and walked over to Haruna.

"Yamato?" She had already picked up on my serious behavior.

I stay silent and take her by the hand. I rush outside and drag her with me.

"Yamato- what are you-" I ignore her protest.

I walk a few more steps.

"Yamato-"

I let her go and stop, turned away.

What am I doing?

You're jealous. My conscience whispers.

Me? Jealous?

She puts a hand on my shoulder. "What was that?"

Her expression looked like she was in denial.

"What do you think of Utsunomiya?" I ask her, getting straight to the point. "Do you...like him?"

"No, I mean we're just friends." Haruna shrugs like its no big deal.

"It's really obvious that he has a thing for you...." I say right after her response. I'd better stop.

"Yeah...." She lowers her voice. "He told me today."

What so it's true? I knew already but It still caught me off guard.

"So... Do you like him?"

"Well...I'm not really interested..."

She must think I'm crazy, just dragging her out here, to ask her these things.

I kept thinking on and my thoughts led me nowhere, but I couldn't stop.

I raised my voice just a bit. "Well...that's not what it looks like-"

"Yamato." She says my name in a serious tone. Haruna goes to face me and puts her hand on my face. Like she did that one time. Saying the same words, with the same look, "Talk to me."

"What do you mean?" Her eyes earnestly pleaded for my answer. An answer that not even I knew.

I decided I was too confused for this. I couldn't say much because not even I knew what I felt. I know is was jealousy, but...

Am I really in love with Haruna?

I turn once more, forcing her delicate hand to slip off my face. It felt as if I rejected her.

"I-" I struggled to find the right words. I needed some time to think them over. My feelings.

"Never mind, just...forget it."

I walk back to the bar leaving Haruna behind.

I can't confuse her anymore than she already was. I need to figure out what I really want.

A/N: Yes!! Finally XD for some reason I feel the urge to update faster. It's all the inspiration that's helping me.

So guess what? Yup! It's spring break :D so yes I'll be trying to update more :3

What do you think of Haruka getting at Haruna? What do you think Yamato?

Don't forget to vote and comment! I like hearing what you think :D

Thanks for reading <3