37 - For You

"Haruna is special to me, and I won't let you have her."

What?

I look up to Yamato's face. He looked serious and really convincing.

He's...lying right?

Even so, my heart leaped at his words. It was even more embarrassing because I was pressed against him.

He held me tightly as he spoke, as if claiming me his.

"I guess I can't really complain about losing to you." Haruka shrugged. "After all, I should probably move on from Hanae." He looks up at the sky. It looked like he was trying to tell Hanae, whom was probably in the sky, that he was going to let go.

So then Utsunomiya was once in love with my sister...

I supposed my sister was really something while here in Japan...

I look up at the sky too.

'Hanae, make sure you're looking out for everyone you left behind!' I say within my mind hoping it would reach her.

--------------------------

We wrap up our little... situation with Haruka by simply agreeing to just put aside all the Hanae stuff and become friends once more. Yamato struggled to comply but in the end it all worked out.

"So, Mr. Utsunomiya used to like my mom?" Harue asks me innocently.

We walked home together with Yamato. Harue had been quietly thinking over our conversation with Haruka.

"Yeah.." I nod. "Quite the coincidence really..."

The only reason why he approached me in the beginning was because I look like Hanae.

Do we really look that much alike?

I hadn't seen her in person since my high school days. I don't really remember.

I'll just look at the album that Harue brought with him...

We get home, but i really wanted to thank Yamato before he left for his apartment.

"Ah...Harue, do you think you could head inside? I'm gonna go talk to Yamato really quick."

"Okay!" He runs inside.

Right before Yamato walks into his apartment I call out to him anxiously.

"Y-Yamato!"

He stops short and turns to me. "...yeah?"

"Can we talk?..."

"S-sure I guess...come on in."

He opens the door for me and I step in. "Pardon my intrusion.."

"N-no problem." He sounded just as nervous as I was.

Well we did fight after all.

I wanted to apologize and tell him that I want us to be family again.

I hadn't been in his apartment for a while now. Without Fumiko, it felt so quiet, so lonesome.

"I...uh." I start awkwardly. How do I even begin?

"I'm sorry." He says first. "I was upset with myself and I took it out in you."

"Ah no, I mean, you did warn me..." I look down. "You told me there was something up, I thought he was harmless."

Yamato smiles. "It's fine, at least I caught him before hand."

That reminds me...

"When did you find the time to ask Takao?"

"Ah, I asked him during his party, and I left early because I was busy debating on telling you or not."

"Oh...so then, what made you decided to tell me?"

"..." He went quiet and turned around, his back facing me. He walked out of the entrance and onto the floor that began his living room.

"Um..."

"I wasn't going to tell you but." He tightens his fist. "I saw him holding you and I..."

"Yamato?" His voice was starting to sound strained and he trembled a bit.

"You know, that what I said back there..." He pauses. "I meant it."

"What you said-"

"When I said you were special to me... I meant it." Now he turned around and began walking towards me.

Of course, we're family aren't we?

"Yeah. You're special to me too, because we're family." I walk up into his arms and wrap my arms around him.

"Please, don't push me away like that anymore." I say remember that moment in the greenhouse.

He hugs me back and cranes his neck a bit to press his face onto my neck.

"Haruna I...." He starts, his low voice vibrating close to my ear.

I get a shiver and for some reason my hands clung onto his back.

What?

"Haruna, your special to me in more than one way." He pulls back from our hug. One of his hands crept up to cup my cheek.

I gazed into his heated eyes that stared at me back.

For a moment he stays still.

Then he moves his face closer to mine.

When he's less than an inch away from my lips, he whispers. "I...love you." Before giving me a passionate kiss.

I freeze in place without pushing him away. For some reason I kiss him back.

What are you doing Haruna?

I close my eyes and he only holds me tighter, almost to the point of pain.

One kiss turned into two, and on the third he lets go of me quickly covers his mouth while bright red.

Once I realize what I'd done with more clarity I also blush and turn away.

"I...can't.." Yamato mumbles. "If I keep going, I won't be able to...hold myself back..."

After he says that he goes further into his apartment.

I just stood at his entrance, in shock.

Yamato...loves me?

I remember the kisses we shared. The ones that I had responded too.

Do I...

Do I have feelings for him too?

A/N: Oh yeah finally some REAL action. Ya'll like this don't ya mhm.

I've been extra inspired this week so... yeah here you go, consecutive updates. xD

What do you think of Haruna and Yamato's steamy moment?

Don't forget to vote and comment <3