5 - Wife

When I got home from shopping with Mr. Kougami yesterday I had come to realize that the formalities were non existent. How would I have to talk to him a school? Casually, or formally?

I sit up in my bed feeling dazed. Too much shit happened yesterday, and I still couldn't wrap my head around it.

I should probably start watching my language around Harue.

Hm...

I should just stop saying stupid shit.

Crap.

"What am I even..." I look over to my left- holy crap it's Harue. I forgot I didn't have a spare room. I guess he can sleep with me for now until I can get him a bed. My room was pretty big.

I stretch my arms and stand. I pull the blanket over Harue and sneak out stealthily.

I begin preparing breakfast. Today I would write lesson plans for my class, enroll Haru in school and buy clothes and stuff for him if I had time.

Once I finish up breakfast I walk in to wake Harue up. I shook him gently while calling his name.

"Harue, time to wake up, breakfast is ready."

He furrows his eyebrows and puts on a pouty face while turning his body for his back to face me.

"Haaaruuueeeee~" I poke his cheek and just lay down with him. "Harue time to get up now~"

After several minutes of failed attempts, I turned to my last resort.

"Okay, Harue. This is the final move..." I put my hands on his side and start tickling him.

"Bwah!" He sits up quickly giggling happily.

I laugh at his reaction, it was so childlike and cute.

"Come on, wash up so we can eat." I lead him out of bed into the restroom. The way he leaned onto the sink was so cute but I decided to get him something to stand on, so he could reach more comfortably.

"Obaa~" He calls my name from the bathroom, imitating my earlier tone. "What are we going to eat?"

"French toast." I yell from the kitchen to make sure he hears.

"Yaayy!"

I put down his milk on the table and take a seat. After he finished washing up in the bathroom he trots to his seat, which was across of mine.

"Thanks for the meal." We clasp our hands together and begin eating.

"So Harue, today we're gonna be a little busy." I speak up from our quiet breakfast. "First, we'll get you registered for school."

Harue tilts his head slightly. "School?"

"Yep." I nod. "Cuz' your a big boy now, right?"

His big eyes widen and he grins. "Yeah!"

This kid opened up to me quickly. He was so shy before. It's hard to believe that their the same person.

I watch Haru eat joyfully. It made my heart warm.

I wonder if this is what having kids feels like?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

After breakfast Harue and I head to his soon to-be school. He was all registered and ready to go now. We stare at the elementary school after closing the gates.

"Haruna Oba, what's school like?" Harue asks as we begin walking to the station. He held onto my hand gently.

"Hmmm." I think back to my elementary school days. "You get to make a lot of friends. So then you get to play with them."