38 - I'll Wait

I quickly leave his apartment, still shocked about what he had just done.

About what I did.

Yamato is in love with me.

Am I in love with Yamato?

My feelings kept me confused and it bothered me. It bothered me to have something that confuse me so much. It's so dissatisfying to me.

I quickly pace back to my apartment. Harue greets me at the door looking hopeful yet worried at the same time. With the face I have now he probably thought things didn't go so well.

"You don't look too good, Oba." He paused. "did it not work out between you two?"

"N-No! Things went well- I mean we....- we are, okay now."

I think?

"So things went well?"

A little too well, I'd say.

"Y-yeah."

He sighs in relief, he was so cute.

I have to act normal tomorrow.

I sigh and put Yamato aside for now, so that I could cool off after our little 'incident'.

"Harue." I look at him and notice the book he's been holding in his arms. "What are you reading?"

"Ah-." He takes it and shows it to me.

It was the ikebana book by Haruka, the one that contained the picture of Hanae.

Again, I'm reminded that Hanae's one year death anniversary approaches us quickly.

"We-" I find it hard to bring up. "Next week, we'll visit your momma's grave..." I say while kneeling down to pat his head.

"Okay..." he simply says, while looking down.

He misses her so much.

I do too.

The last time I saw her was back in the U.S., almost 6 years ago.

I remember parting with her at the airport, without the thought of it being the last time, crossing my mind.

I wonder what she would say if she saw us now?

What would she think?

Are you okay with me this?

Of course not, she would have done anything to stay here and watch her son grow in person.

To raise him.

I at least hope I'm doing a decent job of it now...

I stand up and decide to leave everything for tomorrow.

I wonder what the new day has in store for us?

"Alright!" I stretch and run over to the bathroom. "Let's see who gets to bed first!" I call out to Harue, teasing him.

Harue brightens up immediately and chases after me, smiling.
--------
I walls to work after dropping Harue off at school.

The wind had picked up this morning as I took out the trash, so I decided to tie some of my hair back with a big white bow. Of course having it match with my white blouse and long dark skirt.

After I arrive at school, and receive the many states of the few students that had arrived on campus early today.

Hm?

"Did you hear that...sensei...." I overhear one of them gossiping as I walk by.

I wonder what they're going on about?