Chapter 37

I had to say, even I was impressed with how compatible Gregorio and I looked as we stepped out of the Mercedes-Benz Maybach. My hand was nestled in the home that was Gregorio’s big and protective hand as I stood to his left side and we began to walk alongside each other. I looked around where we were and we were on a mountain top, overlooking the beautiful city that was Mexico City. There were different luxury vehicles parked all along the mountain top along with helicopters that indicated that you had to be “someone” to be at this wedding. We walked into a building that looked to be an old Cathedral church. 

I got chills and the hairs on my arms stood as we entered the place and I was in awe of such a beautiful structure. An orchestra was performing at the front of the church and there was fake snow falling upon us. I smiled up at the snow, looking up to see humans dangling from the ceiling, dressed as angels. There were a few rows of seats available, there couldn’t have been more than six rows of seats and the place wasn’t filled in the way that everyone was sitting right next to each other like pickles in a jar. 

I followed wherever Gregorio walked, until he led me to the second row of seats where we sat down in the centre of the bench and looked at the front of the church, watching the orchestra perform. It felt as though I had stepped into heaven and all things pure and I couldn’t take the smile off my face. “do you like it?” he asked me and I turned my head to look up at him. Is there ever a time that Gregorio doesn’t look perfect? Gregorio was wearing a light grey plaid suit with a black tie around his neck and his long hair was left loose and I preferred this look on him. I looked over his facial features for a moment, lost in them like I find myself to be doing a lot nowadays. 

I remembered his question and responded, “yes,” I said in a breathless tone. “it looks like a fairy tale.” I continued to say but Gregorio was looking at me before he held up his palm and caught a few fake snows in his palm. I looked at the white on his palm before I held out my own palm and caught some snowflakes as well. 

“And we all know how much you love fairy tales,” Gregorio told me and I giggled and nodded my head. 

“Oh, you know me too well,” I said teasingly as I looked back up at him. “you look really handsome,” I said honestly to him because I couldn’t keep it to myself anymore, “you always do.” He tilted his head, his hair moving with him before he so lightly caressed my cheek and I leaned into his touch. It didn’t matter that there were people sitting around us, or that there may be a couple sitting besides us on our bench, when Gregorio was around, I couldn’t pay attention to anyone or anything other than him. 

He was going to say something but the mood in the church shifted and the orchestra began to play “here comes the bride” and we all rose to our feet. I still managed to stay close to Gregorio’s body and I leaned into him, using him as my support as I turned to see the bride enter. Even though I didn’t know the couple getting married, I was still in awe of the bride as she entered the place. The bride was a beautiful dark haired woman with brown eyes and features that were natural and beautiful. She had her dark hair in a bun allowing her long veil to sit perfectly in her hair and she was wearing a long mermaid tail dress that had to be silk because of its fluidity and how it sat on her body. 

I looked at the end of the aisle to see the groom because I hadn’t noticed that he was here and it was an average heighted man who was clearly an older Mexican gentleman. He had a thick moustache, thick eyebrows and he was tanned. He was wearing a black tuxedo and his hair was sleeked back. 

She finally reached him and a huge smile spread across her face as the groom took her hand in his. Gregorio and I sat down, along with the masses of guests. I couldn’t help leaning in to ask Gregorio what this all was because I still didn’t know anything and I had just remembered that I had a mission to complete, no matter how difficult it may be. The CIA needed any and all information that I can provide them, “who is he?” I whispered to Gregorio, making sure to keep my voice low.