Chapter 14

1 month later...

Madelines Pov:

It's been one month since mom and dad talked about adopting Hailey and they still haven't gotten her but that might change from what I overheard mom say that Hailey is coming tomorrow and actually living with us but I still haven't gotten out of my room yet. I have been cutting a lot lately but no one has noticed because I only got better at hiding it. I got ready for the day then got out of my room I was wearing ripped jeans and a cropped hoodie that showed the brand of my sports bra.

I go downstairs and find Mom and dad cuddling on the couch. Mom hears footsteps so looks back to see me then laughs and mouths 'He's gonna kill you' but I just rolled my eyes and went into the kitchen to make iced coffee. "Good Morning" Dad said looking at me he couldn't see me too much so nothing came to mind and he looked back at the tv. "Good Morning Dad, Mom" I say coming up to them. "Um Nick is outside and we're going to hang out for a bit" I say. "Ok remember your keys and credit card" Mom said Dad just laughed and we both looked at him weird. "If you think you're going out like that you are very wrong go change into something that covers your chest at least" Dad said being annoying. "Dad it's cute and I'm wearing a sports bra see" I say putting up the hoodie and showing the sports bra. "No go change" Dad says in a stern voice. "Oh my fucking god" I stomped up the stairs. "Language" He yelled. "Whatever" I yelled back. "Mark calm down" Mom says.

I put on another cropped hoodie but it isn't too short and I go downstairs. "Better" I say mad. "Yes you can go now" Dad says. "Ok bye" I say obviously annoyed. I then go outside and see Nick in the car so I get in. "Hey Stupid" I say. "Hi dummy where do you want to go" Nick asks hugging me. "Uh I don't know" I respond. "Mall" Nick asked. "Yeah let's do that"

It was 9 pm when I got home and my phone died so I couldn't call my parents to tell them I will be home late. I say bye to Nick and go inside the house to see mom and dad on the couch sitting down. "Hi I'm home so-" I say as she got cut off by Mark. "Where were you" Dad asked. "I was with Nick my phone died" I say confused. "What's going on" "We were worried something had happened is what's wrong" Dad said. "Sorry i'm here though nothing to worry about" I say. "No Maddie you can't just come home whenever you want" Dad said. "My phone fucking died do you not understand that, I'm not gonna fight with you so leave me alone" I say running up the stairs.

I went upstairs and broke down I couldn't take it anymore I had hit rock bottom all over again. I didn't know where I went wrong she was just numb now. Thoughts about killing myself again were coming back and I want to do it but something is stopping me though. I was looking at myself through the mirror trying to convince myself I was fine when I'm not and I just ended up crying even more. Then there is a knock on the door I thinks it's Mom but instead it's Dad "Can I come in" he asked. "No go away" I respond. "Mads I'm sorry I shouldn't have reacted like that please let me in" He begged. "Leave me alone..... please" I said back at him I didn't want him to see me like that. "I'm coming in" Dad said opening the door to see me on my bed crying with mascara running down my face. "Oh Mads don't cry it's ok" Dad said hugging me as I put my face on his chest. "I'm sorry I didn't call, I'm sorry..... I'm sorry for everything" I say. "No don't be sorry it's ok you couldn't call and I understand but why are you saying for everything you didn't do anything wrong" Dad said trying comfort me. "You probably had a great life before I came around. I came into your life and you were at the hospital next to me in a hospital bed for two weeks and after that came threapy sessions, mental breakdowns, stress and just living with someone broken so I'm sorry for you know ruining your life" I told him as I started sobbing again. "Those two weeks I got to know you and they were pretty fun and you did not ruin my life Mads you made it better I got to know a daughter I didn't know I had you come with your problems and that's ok with me because I love you for who you are and yes it can get hard and we can fight but I can't imagine a world without Madeline Grace Grey Sloan I think I said that right" Dad said smiling as I laughed at the end. "Yeah you said it right and thank you for not running when I tried to you know and I can't imagine a world without Mark whatever your middle name is Sloan" I said. "I love you Mads" He says kissing the top of my head. "I love you too dad" Madeline said smiling.

A/N: ok so i want to make Mark and Maddie really close bc i think it would be cute I hope you guys liked this chapter ilyyyy!