Chapter 50

Leo climbed the metal stairs onto the next level, his eyes roaming around the area to see if there was anything of interest. He almost jumped when his phone went off and he looked to see who was calling.

'Jennifer?'

His voice echoed through the whole building, he was tempted to drop the call, but he hadn't spoken to her for quite some time, and if she was calling him now, then it would be something important.

'Hello?'

'Leo?'

Her voice had changed, 'uh... Jenny, what're you doing calling? Is everything okay?' 

'Where the fuck have you been? The fucking FBI have been after you?'

Well then.

Leo was ready to hang up the phone, 'look, I don't really wanna hear it, I thought you'd change, but you haven't at all, so piss -'.

'They brought me in to interrogate me, they weren't accusing you of anything'. 

Leo stopped in his tracks, 'what? How did they find you?' He heard her chuckle, 'seems like you're not completely under the radar as you think'. 

'What'd you mean?'

'They're tracking you down, I suggest you give in to them'.

There was a creaking sound behind him and he spun around to see Marcus coming up the stairs, hearing Leo's voice, he shrugged at Leo, which was basically him asking who was on the phone.

'I'm sorry Jenny, but I can't do that'.

Before she could say anything, he hung up and shoved the phone into his jacket pocket. Marcus hadn't moved, 'Jenny? As in Jennifer? Your sister?'
Leo nodded, 'she called to ask where I was... Apparently the FBI are onto us, but she said that they're not accusing us for anything... But I'm not so sure'.
He could see that Marcus was thinking about it, 'look, I don't think we should risk it... At least not yet'.

'Do you think he will catch us? If the FBI were able to get to us, maybe -'.

Marcus shook his head, 'don't think about it, we should be fine... I'll be completely honest with you, but I'd rather the FBI get to us than him'.

Baloc slammed his hand onto the table, starling Storm, Stacey and Rushforth, 'what's wrong?' Storm rushed to his side, and Baloc turned the computer towards him, 'Jennifer was able to keep a conversation with Foils, and we've managed to track the location through the call!'

'So we're back on track'.

Storm smiled as he pulled the laptop towards him, 'so... It looks like they're sitting on the edge of the town... What the hell is that?'
Baloc squinted as he tried to see what the map was showing, 'it looks like a building of some sort, I'm guessing they've taken refuge there'.

'That sounds about right, so we're gonna head there and bring the squad as well?'

Baloc saved and switched the laptop off, 'get everything ready, I'll handle the rest of the team', he disappeared through the doors and out of their sight. Rushforth sat back on one of the lab stools, 'you're finally catching those guys, what a relief', Storm shook his head, but he couldn't help but smile, 'yes, finally, we've got these guys'.

'Then you can arrest them'.

Stacey shook her head, 'actually they're not going to arrest them', she said and Rushforth sat up with interest, 'what'd you mean? Then why're you dedicating your time to them?' Storm leaned against one of the tables, 'Stacey and I had gone through some extra files that Graves had in his house and we found out that Graves, Foils and Humphrey were part of this thing called The Scarecrow Project, we found a photo that had the three men in it. There was an extra man in the picture where all three of them are standing around, but we were never able to find his name, but I feel that Foils and Humphrey know, which also mean that they will know what this Project Scarecrow is all about'.