Chance

Requested by th3marauders

"We were both young when I first saw you."

He says with a playful smile and locks his hands in yours as he begins to pull you across the beach.

Walking hand-in-hand with him is something you'll never get tired of. It gives you a feeling of safety as well as showing that you belong to him. You giggle at the youthful energy in his voice and the endlessly shining sparks in his eyes.

How long it's been? Almost 15 years. Living with him for 15 years and you've been the luckiest to have such a perfect man next to you.

It's unbelievable how time passes so quickly, but yet again, you're not that old. You nudge him playfully as you keep on walking alongside the beach.

"Shut up Remus. We're not that old."

He chuckles and stops to capture your lips in a sweet kiss.

It's just a kiss, but it reminds you how you've shared many romantic moments, sad memories and nostalgic events in the silent atmosphere of seaside.

You look around the quiet and magnificently lovely sight of sea. It's become a tradition for you to come here at least once a month. Just like spending one night in the jungle. Sea and jungle have always been the exact opposite of each other.

Sea is bright, clear and usually peaceful. Jungle is dark, gloomy and there's no peace in it. Sea listens to your laughs and conversations. Jungle listens to your cries and howls.

Everything about jungle should remind both of you of the pain you have to endure once a month in your werewolf forms, but there's a reason you love it more than the stillness of sea.

15 years ago it was the place you'd created your love story together...

After the first war, he had gone away without telling you anything. He was your first love at school and everything was just fine before he lost his friends. Every plan for your future turned upside down and he left. You were broken for almost 4 years after that, wondering if you'd ever meet him again.

So one summer night, you had gone to your usual spot between the tress to spend another full moon by yourself. But something about that night was different. You weren't the only one crying in pain. People wouldn't dare to visit the jungle in the middle of the night, so it was another werewolf. A familiar werewolf.

That night it was him and only him. He didn't have the company of his friends. That night you found Remus and didn't let him escape once again. That night you howled together and stayed up until morning.

It was your last chance and you had to wait until morning to talk with him.

You close your eyes for a moment and flashback starts.