Count the Stars for Me

AN: Well then, here we are! This chapter is going to contain adult content, but I made sure to mark the point where the deliate part starts. So if you don't want to read it, you can stop right at the line without missing more relevant content (:

― ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ―

You still feel the metallic taste of blood in your mouth, even though you tried your best to scrub it off your face, but Chishiya doesn't seem to mind. You drop back into the sheets and Chishiya follows without breaking away from your lips, and it even makes you forget about the trembling in your limbs.

Somehow, you have to think about all those relationships you have read of in books, where everything turns out to be perfect and bright and happy. This situation is all but perfect – stuck in a weird parallel world trying to kill you, living in a caravan with only canned food and instant noodles, while you just barely escaped death by electrocution and still carry signs of that, both clearly visible and sensible. And yet, after weeks and months of desperate attempts and tears and frustration, this moment couldn't be more perfect.

Chishiya releases you to catch your breath, but you don't care much about breathing right now. All you want is to be close to him, to savor this moment while it lasts.

You search for his eyes and almost flinch at the sight of his frown, and he sits back up before you can even react.

"Do you need more painkillers?"

Now it's your turn to look perplexed. Most parts of your body still feel like cotton candy, and the pain most likely won't come back until the next morning. So why on earth would Chishiya assume that you-

Oh.

Somehow your fingers brush the skin of your cheeks, only to find out that they're completely soaked. Tears are still emerging from your eyes, and you feel their salty taste now that your mouth turns into a smile. It works surprisingly well to embrace Chishiya's face with the palms of your hands, and you pull him into a tight hug. He is hesitant to give in, probably because he puts the blame for your sudden burst of tears onto the injuries, but you barely give him the chance to retreat.

"I don't know why I feel that I have to tell you, but-" you feel how Chishiya shifts his weight to one side and snuggle up to him as you continue, "-I had a dream about you and me, long before there actually was a... well, you and me."

It is still hard to believe that this isn't just another very long and very realistic dream. "Back then, you almost kissed me, and it was the most wonderful thing my brain could think of. I woke up before it happened though, and it made me sad at the same time because I thought it would never really happen." You laugh and feel how your chest is shaken by a single sob, though it doesn't originate in sadness. "But it did happen, and I guess I only now realize how overwhelming this actually is."

Chishiya snorts, just the kind of reaction you have waited for in response for your monologue. "It seems that some part of you back then knew that it was a bad idea to long for something you couldn't have."

"Dream-me even called you an arrogant bastard."

It feels that the tears have finally stopped, although your cheeks are still wet. The humming noise coming from Chishiya sounds like he doesn't fully agree, and you grin into the fabric of his hoodie. "Don't like being called arrogant?"

"Technically speaking, my parents were already married when they conceived me, so bastard wouldn't be the right term."

His answer comes immediately and without hesitation, and the lecturing sound of his voice makes you laugh. "Part of me always knew that you were untouchable, that we were not made for each other."