Chapter three: ~ A witch ?~

Ophelia Rivers' POV

I nodded hesitantly not exactly knowing whether i want the truth or not. But then,i have waited my whole life for this damned truth.

"Back then, hundreds of years ago,Jane Wilde was a beautiful woman who oozed with charm and elegance. Coming from one of the wealthiest families in the entire country, every man wished to be hers. She,however, was arrogant and self-centered. She thought that the world was at her mercy and that everything revolved on her. After her parents died,she inherited their immense fortune and took charge of all the family affairs.But the thing is, she wasted everything on jewelry, designed dresses, fancy dinners,and so on to impress her predators.Once she was ruined, and couldn't do anything except enjoying the very few things she had left,Jane accepted the first proposal to marriage. Oscar Milnes, a fine gentleman who was ready to sacrify his whole being for her, the marvellous woman who stole his heart and haunted his thoughts.He was deeply in love with her but she wouldn't care less.She was just happy that her beauty had served her and saved her from certain indignity. Thus,she refused to have any kind of relationships with Oscar, but he, would lose money on her behalf. Unfair, i know.A day came and Oscar fed up from her insignificant lifestyle, he tried to warn her that he would eventually divorce her if she would not reason and stop being so snobbish. However, she was too busy showing off, to listen to him.That's why he divorced her. She was as much surprised with the news as he was.She couldn't imagine her life after that. Jane was returning back to the starting point: Oscar totally disowned her and deprived her from every penny.Desperate for another source of money, Jane did her best at attracting men.But her plan didn't go well as her beauty was fading and likewise her marriages were failing one after one. She married several men but always ended up divorcing."

" Ohh..what a character.

What happened then? I mean that's not the peak of the story, right ?"

"Hmm...i smell smart "

I felt heat rise up to my cheeks and i could sense his amused gaze on me while i stared profusely at the floor.

" Well, Jane was not a woman who would surrender easily. And no matter what way,she would find a way to get what she wants.

That's exactly what happened. She found a way to stay eternally beautiful. "

What the heck ?

"You're kidding me " i interrupted.

"I'm afraid i'm not. " he sighed.

"So,you're implying that she...she...she..uhh..was a w-"

" A witch " he cut me off.

I clamped my hands over my mouth.That couldn't be possible. A witch ?

My great great grandmother?

Do these....people even exist?

Is magic for real?

I felt a hand waving in front of my eyes, which i assumed would be Zechariah's.

" You zoned out. " he said raising his eyebrows.

"I get to do that a lot." i replied, trying to smile which was nearly impossible in a state of complete shock.

"So,shall i continue?"

"yeah, it's just so weird.You know, I had an instinct that somehow,magic will host an event in my life. I just...I...didn't imagine my ancestors...are... uuhh...i-"

"It's okay.That means you're special." he gently put the strands of hair that were falling on my face, behind my left ear.I raised my head which was a few inches from his,and out eyes locked.

It's like we knew each other for a long time, when i actually know nothing about him except his name and the fact that he doesn't like people to call him by his whole name.I mean Zechariah is an attractive name, unique maybe but undeniably attractive.

Why am i even thinking about the attractiveness of his name?

Is that even a word ?

I have just been informed that my great great grandmother was a witch. Shouldn't i be thinking about it instead?

Not that Zechariah isn't t attractive... It's ju-

"Ehuummm.. " Zechariah cleared his throat breaking me off my thoughts.

" uhh...well, i..was thinking about...uhh...the..."i fidgeted.

He shrugged and got up from the bed.He walked towards my balcony from which there was the most magnificent view of the garden AND the statue.

Burying his hands in his pockets,he asked.

"That's Jane, right?"

" Yepp" i popped the last letter.

"She's just as sad as i imagined her to be.Do you think she regrets her actions?"he mused.

" Regret what exactly? Giving herself to magic?"

"Oh no,princess, something beyond." he admitted.

Well, shit, things get really whacky. What more?

"yeaah, whacky it is."

Oh god, i actually spoke loudly.

He chortled.

" It's enternaining to hear you swear"

I beamed at him.

" And even more entertaining when you smile." he added.

I giggled. He was really a charmer.He could sway from mysterious and serious to flirty and witty.

" So, care to continue the infamous story ?"

" It depends, we reached the peak, so you must really clutch at yourself tightly."

" Then,you may start " i said readying myself.