Chapter seven -part one- : ~ The old man.. ~

Ophelia Rivers POV

What the hell am i doing?

One second, Zach was challenging me to climb aboard his bike. The other, I found myself sitting behind him, gripping him by the waist.
My nails were scratching his leather jacket and I could feel his smile even though I didn't have a clear view of his face.
It was the first time I have ever gotten on a vehicle.
Come to think of it, since Zach entered my life, I have been experiencing premieres.
He was my first contact with humans other than my grandparents. He was the first to make me feel odd things in my stomach. He was the first to make me blush from embarassment. He was the first to tell me I'm beautiful. He was the first one to get me out of this prison. And now, he's the first one who has ever taken me on a vehicle.

The gentle breeze blew on my hair and caressed my skin. And as Zach accelerated, the wind became stiff and colder due to the high speed. Soon, my hair was flying all over my face and it was virtually impossible to keep my eyes open.
I felt different.
I felt free.
I couldn't help but scream out of jubilation.
I detached my hands from Zach and spread them, shouting as loud as i can.
No one was there to hear me anyway.
I heard Zach chuckle from above my high pitch screaming.
I have never screamed this much in my entire life.

Premiere...

I lifted my head, admiring the divinity of the clear blue sky. Birds were swirling around, twitting and chanting.
I felt like them, free to go and fly.
I swayed back and forth, pretending to have wings.
The sun shone at it best and its rays illuminated my face causing my eyes to shut instantly.
Blissful is the exact word to describe my current state.
Angel turned around some bends, I oppened my eyes, the flat road made a zigzag line. Due to that,he had to level off his speed, and i had a better view of my surroundings.
Marvellous view indeed. The scenery around us was breath taking. Green hills ornated with pink and orange flowers. Several trees, pines and oak and others that i can't identify were lining up at both sides of the road like courteous soldiers ready to serve their duty and sacrify themselves for the sake of the country. I inhaled the fresh air, filling my nostrils with the luscious sweet scent of nature.
I can't imagine Ray has deprived me from this,from seeing the magnificent views and landscapes Mother Nature offered.
This precious treasure displayed, for every human to admire and fancy and scrutinize. For all,to assimilate the real value of freedom.
As we drove along, I stared at the bare land, fields of corn and wheat laid in geometrical squares, identical to goldish yellow carpets.Some cow herds and flocks of sheep grazed peacefully, not the least worrying about the man who held a stick in his hands ushering them to march.Maybe he's a shepherd.

Oh my god.Shepherd.

That means we were getting near human civilization.

Oh my god.Was Zach taking me to meet people ?

Would he do such thing for me?
I mean, he has obviously done enough for me to be grateful.In fact, I would always be thankful. He helped me escape prison in which I was meant to spend the most of my being in earth. He made me see a different side of life. He made me forget everything that happened lately, even my self, my true self, a witch.
He comforted me and consoled me...
I hooked my arms around Zach and rested my head on his back.I don't know what had taken me but I was supremely happy and it was all thanks to him.
We stayed like that for a handful of time. Only the motorbike's deafying noise was heard. I felt relaxed and gradually, the atmosphere eased. I leaned closer to Zach,my hands deliberately climbing to reach his torso.

" Princess, I think we're approaching a village." Zach said softly.
I didn't react immediately, I was so deep in thought.
So, he turned around slightly, examining my face.
Then, focused back on the road.