Chapter twelve : ~ The secret room ~

Ophelia Rivers ' POV

The second we stepped in the hidden enclosure , shivers run down my spine.
My heart started beating so fast, that i could almost be sure the others were hearing its throbs. My head felt suddenly very heavy for me to carry.
An electrifying shot surged through my body.
I lurched forward.

What is it in this room that makes me all dizzy and giddy ?

I could hardly see anything. I squeezed my eyes to adjust to this complete obscurity.
The whole room plunged into darkness, only a faint green light spread incoherently in it.
Searching for the source of this ubiquitous light, my eyes landed on a big rectangular object.

I immediately strayed its way.

As i got closer, i realised that the object was a large box, with the shape of a body, wider at the top and gradually decreasing in width at the opposite end.

Oh my god...

The box was a coffin AND it was hanging in the air.

The green light was gravitating around it and holding it up the ground.

I gasped.

" What's going on Oph ?" I heard a voice. And, although i couldn't see its owner, i could distinguish Tyler's voice very well.

" Can you come here for a sec ?" I requested, my eyes fixed on the floating object.

" Right behind you " he said, his breathing fanned the back of my neck.

" See the light ? And the coffin floating ?"

Tyler stayed silent.

" Uhh..Oph there is no light and no coffin " he stated.

" What ? Don't you see it? The green light is right here, carrying the coffin as if it flies or something. "

" Oph.. Are you sure you're not having illusions or such ?"

" Tyler, are you kidding me ? I'm not having illusions. It's right in front of your eyes." I waved my hands.

The thing is, i would willingly touch this coffin, if only i wasn't a coward. So, I'm letting the others do that.
But why doesn't Tyler see the damn light and the damn coffin?

Shit I'm back to swearing..

" Guys? Zach ? Katarina ? Can you come over here? "

" I can't see anything " Katarina said.

" Neither do i, but we'll follow the sound of your voice, so keep talking. " Zach spoke.

" Okay, what do i say?"
" Just say anything " Zach
replied.

" Umm...I'm Ophelia and..uhh.. my middle name is May and...uh" i blabbered not sure what to say more.

" We asked you to speak not to give your bio " Katarina exclaimed.

" But he said say anything. " I whined.

" Okay, I'm next to you, i can hear you breathing. Oh, here you are." Zach said.

" That's my arm you're caressing, Zach " Tyler stated.

" Oh, sorry, thought...uh.."

" Okay" Tyler responded the same time Katarina said.
" Found you "

" Alright, do you guys see the coffin?"

" Which coffin ?" Katarina asked.

" Yeah, which coffin?" Zach queried.