Chapter fourteen : ~ the deal ~

Ophelia Rivers ' POV

The rest of the evening was just tiresome. We flipped through the pages of the numerous books i had.
But no results were found.
My room became a mess, a chaos.
Books and old manuscripts i never thought i had in my small bookcase were scattered all over the bed, the floor and even the balcony.

Each one of us was meticulously reading the books' contents, with the hopes that we would find how to reverse the process of teleportation.

" Ughhhhh," Emma sighed in frustration, " i can't keep searching. My eyes are burning. " She rubbed her eyes with the palms of her hands.

" I know.This is hopeless, guys." Katarina said.

" We don't have much of a choice.Keep on searching, we might find some information or something. " Tyler prepped.

" Noo, they're right. This is pointless.We must do something else." I agreed with both of the girls.

" What'd you suggest, then?" Zach asked.

" I don't know," i wailed, " Can't you do something, Tyler? Like, you can mind control objects, right ?"

" Yeah, i can. But not from a whole floor distance. " he replied.

" Maybe you can just try and see where it will lead us. " Emma proposed.

" Guys, guys, i can't. I'm not entirely mastering my powers, remember ?"

" Yes, neither of us do. But you're really concerned about this issue. Only you can use his power to recuperate the stuffed elephant. Plus, remind me again who the hell was the reason we are all caught up in this problem?" Emma coaxed.

" Okay, okay, " Tyler raised his hands, " I'm going to try but please i need total silence to focus. "

" Yeah, go ahead. " Emma ushered with her hands.

Tyler closed his eyes and inhaled air until his ribcage appeared through his red v-neck shirt.
Then, exhaled deeply.
We were all looking at him, waiting.
His eyes buried in his eye sockets and his brows furrowed.
I leaned in anticipation.
His eyes flew open.

" I..i..can't see anything. No matter how hard i tried to focus on the animal,the image just slips away and fades." he said, penitent.

" Why don't we go upstairs and take the fucking animal ? That's a lot easier than fucking thinking vainly about solutions. " Katarina screamed, raking her hands in her brown hair.

" Stop with the F word, Katarina. And, to answer you, going upstairs is too risky. Ray is here, we're likely to be busted in his presence. " Emma said.

" Uhh.. Actually, we're busted either ways. He'll eventually find the stuffed elephant and then we're going to be in deep trouble." Zach reasoned.

" Where did you left him ? You're the one he was with, last." Tyler asked.

" We were-"

I missed out Zach's answer.
Some foreign voice was talking far. I couldn't focus, the voice was drawing near and all i could hear was, hissing.

" Opheeliia " the voice called my name.
It was a mix of a feminine and hissing tone.

" Opheeliia " it called again.
I turned in my place, looking for the mysterious voice.

Everyone around me seemed to be muted, frozen.
My cousins were all rooted to their places.
I was the only thing animated and alive.