Prologue

Copyright ©2015 by missfairfax. All rights reserved.
Ophelia is purely a work of fiction.Thus, all the characters, names, places and incidents are entirely fictional. Any resemblance or similarity is coincidental.
Also, no parts of this book can be reproduced or copied seeing that it's completely illegal and against the law.
Quotes can be taken and used with the mentioning of the author's name.
Thank you.

********************************

Jane admired herself in the mirror. Her long black strapless gown displayed her silky-smooth skin and  held her curvaceous body. Her blond hair was neatly arranged into a nape bun and baby hairs were cascading down her pretty face. She looked at her reflection in the mirror once again. She was a breath-taking woman and she knew it.

As she stared longingly at the mirror, she saw a glimpse of light flashing through it. Reality struck her again sadly as she remembered that her beauty would not last, that her life would never be as she wished. Being a witch served her to own eternal beauty, but not when the night came.

Once midnight bell strucks, Jane recuperates her old self, her true self.

She couldn't stand being old and ugly, she couldn't see herself wrinkled and timeworned. How come her beauty goes wasted? She never appreciated someone else to be as pretty as she was, or even worse, prettier than her. She would throw a spell on them and make them the ugliest unattractive creature never imagined.
Yes, that was Jane, envy and jealousy simply consumed her.
A prettier woman would take some attention and Jane craved the undivided attention.

She gathered in her hands a green sphere of light and twisted it numerous times until the energy was all focused between them. The green light intensified and she knew that it was time.

Time for the curse.

" Let my whole family be damned and never, ever, marriages will be taking place"

She shouted at the top of her lungs.